I've posted the before and after pics in case you are considering adding the decals. It will give you some idea of the look. The tailgate and tailgate handle have been changed as well as the Tacoma lettering on the dashboard. I wrestled with it wondering if I should keep it in tact with the blacked out look. I decided to added a little pop to the backend but kept the front end all blacked out. I will resend the tailgate pic as the sunlight added a yellow tinge to the lettering in the pic. It is actually all dark red.

View attachment 28872

View attachment 28873

View attachment 28874

Below is a better pic of the tailgate lettering -

upload_2020-2-11_18-29-40.png

Thank you Scott

Thank you Scott! :) a litte while back I posted that I was thinking of doing the red lettering but I wasn't sure. You mentioned you saw one and it looked sharp. That was the encouragement I needed to go for it and I'm very happy with the look. :)
How is your shoulder mending Scott! Hope all is well and that as planned you will be back behind the wheel in a week or so..

You may want to pull up a seat as this may take a bit of time … or fetch a cold one :)… I find that in this big ‘ol world, with its hectic pace, filling our lives with life demands and bad news dominating the news stories, it is sure nice to step back (or step out in our Tacomas) and take a breather. Its during these relaxing times, that I think we find relief and discover/rediscover the good things in life. It provides us with a wonderful escape and distraction, from our fast-changing world to remind us that some things do remain constant if we take time to spot them, and that the world is in fact a great place. The Forum with its exceptional folk, friendliness and sense of community, provides that getaway with reassurance and consistency.

I experienced that same feeling yesterday. A couple of young fellas from nearby farms, were over the help shovel the roofs. Our conversations naturally, centered on trucks, but one down to earth story really brought a smile to my face and reminded me that, with folks like this in our world, we are far better off for it.

One of the guys was sincerely talking about his recent annual Doctor’s appointment. He said he was asked by the Doctor if he smoked. He replied no. He added, the only problem I have, is that I like ice cap coffees too much and if I quit I could save enough buy new tires with every couple of years. The Doctor then asked if he drank. He said, yes, Pepsi. I have two a day, one at lunch and one at dinner and to be honest, if my wife is away for the day, I’ll sneak two more. The doctor asked if he drank alcohol. He answered, well, not much. Since I’m being honest, though, when I go to the Fair every summer, I’ll have two beer. Doctor then asked, was there a time when you drank more. He replied, in all honesty, yes. The year before last, I had 3 at the Fair.

I enjoyed his story and admire his down-to-earth qualities. It’s the sincere and nice people like my neighbour, and those like him in all our lives, and the great folks here at our Forum, that truly make it all good.:)

This is welcoming and encouraging news!

Not sure if it hit your news stands but an article appeared in today’s local newspaper that ALG released its Canadian Residual Value Awards winners. (ALG is a analytics company that analyzes the car industry and produces auto depreciation forecasts). As the article explained “a strong residual value is an indicator of how well that vehicle will hold its value for future resale consideration.” ALG stated that “a strong residual value is a barometer of a brand’s overall health and appeal in the marketplace.” The winner is chosen “based on the vehicle most likely to retain a high percentage of its MSRP after four years, for mainstream vehicles; or after three years for premium vehicles.

The great news is that the Tacoma took the win in the best Midsize Pickup category!

More Tacoma in the News:
Another Tacoma article appeared in the local paper today and I thought I’d share a few highlights. Overall, the article was very positive citing well known facts that the Taco outsells everything in its class and remains one of the best values in the pickup market. Despite largely unchanged since 2015, it has not lost its appeal. Reliability and resale value motivate new buyers and current owners to hold onto their prized possession. It has a solid reputation as a good return on investment. The article speaks to the, drive (high degree of capability on and off road, feels and drives with a rewarding nature without looking awkward, good-old-fashioned hydraulic steering, a rigid body-on-frame structure, great visibility an absolutely pleasing ride, the bumps, potholes, cracks and crevices that are so much a part of our urban road network all easily consumed with little disruption, shudder, or shake to the cabin.), interior (fit and finish was very good, and on a negative note - wore far too much plastic). It covered many well known features and concluded on a high note – Tacoma’s simple approach — keep it simple, make sure it works, and under-promise and over-deliver — get the job done without breaking down or suffering endless recalls. If that’s the Tacoma strategy, it’s working.

Great write up! Love hearing this kind if stuff.
Thank you Scott. :) I was wondering when I picked up the article if it was going to trash our beloved Tacos given some of the hype I've been reading about the 2020 refresh of other mid sized trucks on the market. I was really happy to read the positive review that supports so much of what many of the knowledgeable owners share here at the Forum. No doubt some may disagree with the reliabilty clam, particularly if they've encountered issues. Still, like you, I like hearing this stuff.

Back