Off-road or sport?? Buying a new one

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by deputydavid301, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Really mine has the push button. I honestly thought that’s the only way the sport and off-road came

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You have an automatic tranny?

4. OR17TRD

Welcome to the forum. You can add a better tonneau cover. You can change the wheels and tires. You can take @Crawdad hood scoop. You can’t add the features the OR AT has over the sport. Just my nickel.

mcodyv and lcarrasco212 like this.
  5. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Yes I do

6. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

So does my sport. Haha

7. OR17TRD

Because it’s a manual :D

Crawdad likes this.
  8. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

If you are mega wealthy in like most of us you can buy I pro!!! There only for the wealthy we hear. Lol. In all honesty buy whatever you can get the best deal and interest rate on . Unless you can just throw down the cash. There all about the same. Research all trim levels and go with your gut

9. OR17TRD

Push button start... Because it’s an automatic.

Lil G likes this.
  10. Crawdad

So it's a manual ignition too? Lol. I like them both!

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I honestly didn’t know. I’m old school key guy the push button still throws me off. Thanks for the information. I was at the dealership last Friday they didn’t have any bolt action tacos. The had some some sweet looking off road 4 runners though. They had pro style wheels on them. Black out edition is what the 19 year old sales guy said

12. Atomic Diesel

Atomic Diesel Well-Known Member

Nah, just flaunting my crawl control;)

mcodyv, Bogunn and Lil G like this.
  13. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

If I was that guy I would get a grey off road.

14. Lensquare

Lensquare Member

Go with offroad! No regrets! Honestly only thing I envy off the sport is the hood and that can be obtained easily. I didn't know sport didn't come in with lock so that's a dead give away if you want to be ready when going off road.

mcodyv, Bogunn and Atomic Diesel like this.
  15. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

16. Crawdad

17. OU81taco16

OU81taco16 Well-Known Member

OK Forest

Bogunn and Crawdad like this.
  18. OP
    deputydavid301

deputydavid301 Member

The pro is like $7000 more around here (Ohio). Was driving them again today. The off-road is a better ride on pavement then the sport feels tighter. I’m ready to buy the dealers are just off $1000 on my Ram!

Lil G likes this.
  19. oconnor

oconnor Member

If you want an OR with a MT you are forced into the double cab. I wanted a 6' box & manual transmission so got a Sport.

20. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I love my off-road honestly didn’t test drive any of them. I got the best deal on the one I bought. It’s a stripped down off-road no tech package. I’m very please and proud of my truck. But I’m sure I would’ve been as happy with a sr5 or sport

mcodyv, Scott Wyman, B-Man and 2 others like this.
  21. OR17TRD

Tell them you want the pro grille, the pro tail lights, the pro fog lights, a bed mat, all weather mats and an 8 year 100k mile platinum extended warranty and you’ll do the deal haha

2018TuRD, B-Man, Bogunn and 1 other person like this.