Off-road or sport?? Buying a new one

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by deputydavid301, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I'll take that offer. Let me know next time you're passing through Austin TX area and we'll make the swap.

Crawdad likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tacomania

Tacomania Well-Known Member

OR all the way, when **** hits the fan, grab an umbrella cuz you know will be flying everywhere

4. y2juice

y2juice New Member

I just picked one up last week and went with the TRD Sport. I figure I know I'm not going off road and even in the bizarre scenario where I might... Sport seems capable. I did get the factory tonneau but honestly don't care for it. My reasoning is simple and probably a minor detail but I dont like that I can't take it off and put it in the bed of the truck and close the tailgate. It's too long which is of course my fault as I went with the short box. Plus it's heavy enough to make me really consider is it worth removal/install. BUT... that's just me.

Very happy with the truck overall. I didn't care for the TRD sport decal and tried out the plasti-dip over the chorme badges. I probably wont do much else but going for a more aggressive tire. Suggestions? Tacoma.jpg

mcodyv likes this.
  5. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Not anytime soon, but I generally drive to LA a couple times a year. If you want to escape the heat, let me know. Haha

Scott Wyman likes this.
  6. G54

G54 Member

If the two trucks are close to the same price it seems obvious to me to choose the Off Road. More features/capability for the same price...no brainer. Even if you never plan to go off road, the old adage "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it".... holds true here.

Just don't get it in Quicksand. My 2016 is, and there are too many of them out there as it is :D

Oh, and if the tonneau on the Sport is the OEM that's no big perk, they aren't the greatest. If you need a cover I suggest the Undercover hard tonneau.

Good luck and no matter which you get, you will love it!

Scott Wyman and Bogunn like this.
  7. G54

G54 Member

I just got a set of BFG KO2 ATs. I love them. IMG_20180925_172430490.jpeg IMG_20180925_172441953.jpeg

mcodyv, cthetaco, OR17TRD and 3 others like this.
  8. OP
    deputydavid301

deputydavid301 Member

I’m thinking of the cement color with predator bars??

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I like that color. I have the predators on my 2017 ORDC hey are ok. I’d eager have some sliders.

10. 2018TuRD

2018TuRD Well-Known Member

I'm down lol

11. OP
    deputydavid301

deputydavid301 Member

Ok so I went with the cement TRD off-road. Threw in bed mat and tonneau cover. Pics to follow soon

12. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Big-Time Congrats! Lookin' forward to pics!

13. OR17TRD

You’ll be happy with that choice. I like that color.

14. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Congrats on the purchase and welcome

B-Man likes this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Awesome. You won’t be disappointed.

Lil G and B-Man like this.
  16. OP
    deputydavid301

deputydavid301 Member

Here are a couple quick ones. IMG_1551.JPG

mcodyv, cthetaco, Gadget29 and 7 others like this.
  17. OR17TRD

mcodyv and B-Man like this.
  18. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Nice. I love the cement color.

B-Man likes this.
  19. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Congrats! Got a Mod List you're planning on doing?

20. OP
    deputydavid301

deputydavid301 Member

Lol damn thing won’t let me load more pics oh well we all know what they look like haha. Mod list so far is to go back and get my free tri-fold tonneau cover and bed mat they gave me lol. Not sure of everything yet but for sure
    Leveling kit
    I like the stock rims but want them black maybe plasti dip the rims (thoughts on that)?
    Black badging
    My list so far

21. OR17TRD

Someone on here makes a Black over lay for the rim. I can’t remember who. @Bogunn had some for the badges.

bgtaco and Bogunn like this.