Pre-collision

On the Freightliner I drive at work, you have to turn the traction control "off" or you wil get stuck in the sand every time you go in the pit. Even when it is "off", it isn't really off, it is more like "on less" as it will cut power when it detects wheel spin which just screws you so bad you want to shoot the damn thing. I get stuck in places everybody just drives through and I've been doing this for over 30 years and I look like a JB Hunt.

Welcome to millennial rules of driving

Welcome to millennial rules of driving

So here is where it gets really Orwellian. The big thing all these tech dickheads are pushing now is "platooning" of trucks. They want a group of big rigs going down the road to hook up electronically and travel at the same speed and at a fixed distance. I mean you're going to have to find some way to pay attention behind the wheel even though the truck won't be listening to you, and what if the slowest truck is going 30 up a grade? Now you have a storm of big rigs going 30 on a 70mph interstate, which will just cause the cars to do anything and everything they can to fly through it like driving on the shoulder.

On the Freightliner I drive at work, you have to turn the traction control "off" or you wil get stuck in the sand every time you go in the pit. Even when it is "off", it isn't really off, it is more like "on less" as it will cut power when it detects wheel spin which just screws you so bad you want to shoot the damn thing. I get stuck in places everybody just drives through and I've been doing this for over 30 years and I look like a JB Hunt.
Haha

So here is where it gets really Orwellian. The big thing all these tech dickheads are pushing now is "platooning" of trucks. They want a group of big rigs going down the road to hook up electronically and travel at the same speed and at a fixed distance. I mean you're going to have to find some way to pay attention behind the wheel even though the truck won't be listening to you, and what if the slowest truck is going 30 up a grade? Now you have a storm of big rigs going 30 on a 70mph interstate, which will just cause the cars to do anything and everything they can to fly through it like driving on the shoulder.
SMH. That’s not helping anyone.

Lemming game comes to mind.

See ya, its been fun sir.
Watch that last step, its a doozey

Toyota Pre collision braking system had randomly told me to brake with nobody in front of me? Anyone had this happen?

2018 sr5
So this happened to my twice and once was legit. First time like yoda, I was driving and it just flashed on me. I didn’t do anything or think anything of it and it passed just like that. No auto breaking or slow down of vehicle what so ever. Second time, was cruising along and the dude in front of me slammed his breaks. At this time the lcd flashed and beeped. As I reacted by pressing the break, I could feel the breaks suddenly locking with assistance and the tires instantly locked and chirped on the asphalt. So don’t know what to make of it but just my experience so far.

That grinds my gears too. When I turn it off it’s because it needs to be off.
Like @Bojangles said, welcome to the world of millennial driving. The auto makers feel like they have to save us from ourselves.

I heard that **** in 99, turds actually asked about it.
Smoke show ensued for all.

Oh man. I can’t even imagine. If any of us idiots would have been brave enough to even dare say something about that.
It was a smoke party about every day anyway. And it wasn’t over until about everyone puked.

Oh man. I can’t even imagine. If any of us idiots would have been brave enough to even dare say something about that.
It was a smoke party about every day anyway. And it wasn’t over until about everyone puked.
Who knew water and log rolls could produce geysers?

Back