Pre-collision

Driving home from work today, urban 2 lane, 45mph, medium traffic, dry weather, daylight, no "pedestrians". Beep goes off with a visual signal to brake on the display between the tach and speedo, nothing in front of me to brake for. I look off to the side and there is a hobo sitting in a folding chair in some brush, about 30 feet off the left side of the road, probably 200 feet forward of me when the alarm went off.

This is the first activation, which I essentially ignored by not touching the brakes, and the Taco took no further action on it's own. So, an old bum in a chair off the road set the PCS thing off.

Driving home from work today, urban 2 lane, 45mph, medium traffic, dry weather, daylight, no "pedestrians". Beep goes off with a visual signal to brake on the display between the tach and speedo, nothing in front of me to brake for. I look off to the side and there is a hobo sitting in a folding chair in some brush, about 30 feet off the left side of the road, probably 200 feet forward of me when the alarm went off.

This is the first activation, which I essentially ignored by not touching the brakes, and the Taco took no further action on it's own. So, an old bum in a chair off the road set the PCS thing off.
I want to say I’m impressed and also confused.

You have a bleeding heart Taco they wanted you to stop and help the hobo.

Back