the climate crisis...

Hmmm.....temp at 630 am this morn was around 78. Peaked today at 101. Don't know the heat index. Guessing around 106.

No. I'm not in the desert. or in TX.
That was similar here a couple days ago last week. Its another beautiful cool dry sunny morning with temps that went down in the 50's last night.

its raining on the GP last 3 of 4 days now

very abnormal it is from a bare trace of rain during all of May

California Oregon and Washington are doubling down on electric trucks. Pennsylvania is not far behind.

With the knowledge that one class 7 or 8 tractor plugged in to recharge will put the same amount of draw on the infrastructure as 10 normal sized homes, imagine 100 plugging in at a major distribution city like Dallas, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Jose, Phoenix in summer, or Chicago Detroit New Jersey in winter.

Add to that, limited range. A two driver team can cover 1000+ miles legally. I don’t care if you have three drivers in a truck, you’re limited by how many charging stations and distance between them along your route.

Do the math. We simply don’t have the infrastructure to support them.

Also there’s the initial cost and how much you can carry. Normally your 80,000 gross combined vehicle rated. Due to the weight of the batteries you can run 82,000… except the batteries weigh 4000 pounds. Now you’re 2000 pounds in the hole. Now the costs to the end user go up.

EV’s are fine for passenger cars daily use.

I got my $ on hydrogen fuel cel.

Sucky day outside when dew point humidity is higher than actual temp
Immediate soaking

Yeah, I didn't get that part. Actually I didn't understand the rest of it either. Started thinking jay must be using some sort of new code.

it was around 75 degrees out in the morning and after the rain stopped the relative humidity was much higher than 75
i am extremely sensitive to humidity
ruined a clean dry shirt in less than half an hour outside! it was completely soaked and i was dripping like a leaky faucet off my brow

Or he's off his meds. :D
Very possible, or into the tea.
it was around 75 degrees out in the morning and after the rain stopped the relative humidity was much higher than 75
i am extremely sensitive to humidity
ruined a clean dry shirt in less than half an hour outside! it was completely soaked and i was dripping like a leaky faucet off my brow

I've become more sensitive to heat, and humidity since I suffered a stroke with the meds I now take to prevent another one, but I equate it to be out of shape more than anything. I just can't get back into the condition I was 30 years ago where I could race a 3hr cross country event in 90 degree heat. I was 30 lbs lighter too.

Been raining the past 2 days. August was always a dry month. I don't even have to walk over to the lake shore....its come to my yard.

Could be anything when you consider the winds they began having. High winds could have blown down electrical power lines. The sparks could have even started a fire.

Back