TRD off-road decal or no decal?

What’s the best method for removing the chrome door and tailgate badging? Heat and constant pull pressure from one edge? Thx in advance.

What’s the best method for removing the chrome door and tailgate badging? Heat and constant pull pressure from one edge? Thx in advance.
Before starting I mix a little dish soap and water and spot wash the area around the badge as to prevent scratches from dirt particles. A foot of fishing line is all you need for each emblem. The warmer ambient temperature the easier the job so if too cold use a hair dryer to warm the emblem glue. I wear gloves to prevent the string from cutting into my skin. Work the string behind one corner of the badge. Move the string up and down in a sawing motion while moving from left to right or right to left. The string cuts through the 3m tape holding the badge to the vehicle. After you move the string through a couple of inches you can lift the end of the badge to prevent the string from binding. Once the badge is removed use your fingernail to get the glue off which is a little tedious. To get the final outline or remnants of glue off wet a rag with wd-40. Buff the badge area with the wet rag. Wet again and repeat. You may need to fingernail off a few remaining tiny spots of glue. The wd-40 works great. After completely off I like to wipe it dry with a soft cloth and then work the area with polishing compound followed by applying wax.

Pretty much what @mrproduxn said.
Don’t just start pulling on them the edges will scratch and chip your paint.

Last edited:
Ironically to the OP of this thread, I want to swap mine from Silver to Red on my 2016 Black 4x4 Off Road.

If only we could have traded...:confused:

Where's the best place to BUY the stickers?

Thanks for the assist

Back