Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

I saw that but I do not see 275/70/17 on there. Any thoughts on that size?
From what I've read of others who have installed this size some get rub and some don't. Think I read an earlier thread here that said slight rubbing was noticed and lift and wheel spacers might be needed. I'll try and find the thread and post it up unless someone with more knowledge than me posts up or finds the thread first.

From what I've read of others who have installed this size some get rub and some don't. Think I read an earlier thread here that said slight rubbing was noticed and lift and wheel spacers might be needed. I'll try and find the thread and post it up unless someone with more knowledge than me posts up or finds the thread first.
^ depends on the offset. That’s why I asked.

His list needs to be updated. Haha...
What rims are you talking about? The 4runner pro?
Do you know the offset?

I hope the info you need is in the specs below:

TRD 17-IN. MATTE BLACK ALLOY WHEEL
Part Number: PTR2035110BK

• Off-road race-inspired 17-in. x 7-in. cast aluminum wheel with 6 lug nut pattern
  • 11-mm. with 4-mm. wheel offset widens the overall vehicle track width by 0.9-in. (22-mm.) for more aggressive stance
  • Matte black with red TRD logo on center cap
  • Incorporates the proper weight, offset and brake clearance to ensure proper fit, finish and reliability
  • Extensive ride, handling and strength tests ensure wheels meet TRD's high-quality standards
Nothing makes a statement quite like custom wheels. These matte black alloys with the TRD logo center cap throw down while styling up.
  • Off-road race-inspired 17-in. x 7-in. cast aluminum wheel with 6 lug nut pattern
  • 11-mm. with 4-mm. wheel offset widens the overall vehicle track width by 0.9-in. (22-mm.) for more aggressive stance
  • Incorporates the proper weight, offset and brake clearance to ensure proper fit, finish and reliability
  • Extensive ride, handling and strength tests ensure wheels meet TRD's high-quality standards

• BOLT CIRCLE / P.C.D.: 6 On 139.7 mm
  • DIAMETER: 17"
  • FINISH: Matte Black
  • LOGO: TRD Center Cap
  • MATERIAL: Cast Aluminum
  • NUMBER OF SPOKES: 6
  • OFFSET: 4 mm
  • SPECIAL EDITION: Trd Pro
  • TPMS: Compatible
  • TRD: TRD
  • WHEEL WIDTH: 7"

This Wheel is Matte Black Paint Color with a Red TRD Logo on the Center Cap.

17 inch x 7.0 inch x 4 mm offset, Cast Aluminum TRD Wheel with TRD snap-in center cap (PTR20-35111-BK).

This wheel utilizes OE-style Flat-Seat lug holes & OE Flat-Seat Lugnuts.

I hope the info you need is in the specs below:

TRD 17-IN. MATTE BLACK ALLOY WHEEL
Part Number: PTR2035110BK

• Matte black with red TRD logo on center cap
Nothing makes a statement quite like custom wheels. These matte black alloys with the TRD logo center cap throw down while styling up.

• BOLT CIRCLE / P.C.D.: 6 On 139.7 mm
  • DIAMETER: 17"
  • FINISH: Matte Black
  • LOGO: TRD Center Cap
  • MATERIAL: Cast Aluminum
  • NUMBER OF SPOKES: 6
  • OFFSET: 4 mm
  • SPECIAL EDITION: Trd Pro
  • TPMS: Compatible
  • TRD: TRD
  • WHEEL WIDTH: 7"

This Wheel is Matte Black Paint Color with a Red TRD Logo on the Center Cap.

17 inch x 7.0 inch x 4 mm offset, Cast Aluminum TRD Wheel with TRD snap-in center cap (PTR20-35111-BK).

This wheel utilizes OE-style Flat-Seat lug holes & OE Flat-Seat Lugnuts.
Should be able to fit 275/70/17 tires with a good alignment you shouldn’t have any issues.

It will be close. You can always put some bilstein 5100’s up front for about $200 and level it with the back. It will look better and ride better.

I was already thinking about the adjustable bilsteins. Any idea which setting I would put the moveable ring on to level the front to the back? Please know I truly appreciate all of your help.

It will be close. You can always put some bilstein 5100’s up front for about $200 and level it with the back. It will look better and ride better.

I was already thinking about the adjustable bilsteins. Any idea which setting I would put the moveable ring on to level the front to the back? Please know I truly appreciate all of your help.

Second notch from bottom or 0.85-1” would look best. The third notch is 1.75-2” and it will look nose high. The top notch is 2.5” you’d want a 1-1.5” AAL in back for that to be level.

Second notch from bottom or 0.85-1” would look best. The third notch is 1.75-2” and it will look nose high. The top notch is 2.5” you’d want a 1-1.5” AAL in back for that to be level.

It seems like a wise idea and would look better. Thanks. It may be a while before I have all the funds to get it done but I will post pics once I get it done.

Hi, new to the forum, I have a '18 OR. Can someone suggest a leveling kit for my truck? It's currently all stock right now. I'm also interested getting BFG k02s later on, how big can I go without rubbing?

Last edited:
Hi, new to the forum, I have a '18 OR. Can someone suggest a leveling kit for my truck? It's currently all stock right now. I'm also interested getting BFG k02s later on, how big can I go without rubbing?
Welcome to the forum.
Did you read anything on this thread? There is so much good information on this subject.
265/75/16 is the largest without a lift and even with a level. You’d have to get new wheels with a lower offset to go 275/70/16 and you’d need 2.5” lift and new wheels for 285/75:16 which is the biggest you can go before you’ll start to need more mods and new gears.
I just posted a lot of info on another thread about this same topic.

Yes I did, thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestion on which leveling kit is best?
Welcome to the forum.
Did you read anything on this thread? There is so much good information on this subject.
265/75/16 is the largest without a lift and even with a level. You’d have to get new wheels with a lower offset to go 275/70/16 and you’d need 2.5” lift and new wheels for 285/75:16 which is the biggest you can go before you’ll start to need more mods and new gears.
I just posted a lot of info on another thread about this same topic.
es

Back