Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

The best clearance I had with 265/70/17 on stock suspension was with 17 x 8 with plus 10 offset. Near perfect but I think 8.5 with plus 15 would be spot on perfect. Now I have 5100's at 0.65 to level with 17 x 7.5 4runner trails at plus 25 and big 265/70/17. Clearance is fine but would like a little more width and a little wider stance.

HI Guys, i have 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport. they are 17" stock, and i would like to keep it that way, maybe a Leveling kit. but i want a bigger tire with no rub. any suggestions ?
also, whats a good leveling kit ?

I went with Bilstein adjustable front shocks. I have 265/70/17 BFG tires so only set shocks to 1st adjustment and have plenty of room. Can go up another inch if needed with the shocks. Rides much better than stock Sport shocks. I put them on front and rear. The rear shocks are only good enough to add a 1" block. Rear shocks are not adjustable.james river 5.JPG

I went with Bilstein adjustable front shocks. I have 265/70/17 BFG tires so only set shocks to 1st adjustment and have plenty of room. Can go up another inch if needed with the shocks. Rides much better than stock Sport shocks. I put them on front and rear. The rear shocks are only good enough to add a 1" block. Rear shocks are not adjustable.View attachment 28765
Are those the T4R trail team wheels?

Yes off 2014 4runner trail with 2017 caps. Liked these better than the 2017 but my 2014 caps were rough so swapped caps and sold the 2017 wheels. Got around $280 in the wheels. Wanted the 7.5" widths instead of 7" Pro type.

Yes off 2014 4runner trail with 2017 caps. Liked these better than the 2017 but my 2014 caps were rough so swapped caps and sold the 2017 wheels. Got around $280 in the wheels. Wanted the 7.5" widths instead of 7" Pro type.
Did you notice any difference in trucks performance with out spoiler in front ? I like the skidplate !

My 2020 needs a level. 5100s should work.
so as I always do my research everything I do to any vehicle I own. I went to order the 5100 adjustables and found that they only go as high as 2019. Albeit there are some out there that are advertising them to work on 2020s. I called Bilstein and talked to their design tech and he said they haven’t finished testing yet and all though they think they’ll be just fine they have to put it through its paces to certify it before it is 2020 capable. Should be certified one way or another in about a month.Just a little food for thought for those looking what I’m doing.

so as I always do my research everything I do to any vehicle I own. I went to order the 5100 adjustables and found that they only go as high as 2019. Albeit there are some out there that are advertising them to work on 2020s. I called Bilstein and talked to their design tech and he said they haven’t finished testing yet and all though they think they’ll be just fine they have to put it through its paces to certify it before it is 2020 capable. Should be certified one way or another in about a month.Just a little food for thought for those looking what I’m doing.
What the heck are they waiting for the 2021's will be here before you know it .

Back