Want to upgrade wheels/tires with no lift

Good morning fellas, im brand new to this forum and to the truck game. Recently just picked up my first truck - 2020 trd sport 2wd. Im planning on putting on some 265/75r16, would a 17x8 or 17x9 fit/look better.

Welcome to the forum ! I put 17x9's on my 16 sport and wish I did 8's it would have given the sidewall more bulge,and there is not as many tire choices in 17 as 16 s IMO.I also had to lift 1.5 inches to get front clearances. With the 8 inch maybe not . Hope this helps .

Welcome to the forum ! I put 17x9's on my 16 sport and wish I did 8's it would have given the sidewall more bulge,and there is not as many tire choices in 17 as 16 s IMO.I also had to lift 1.5 inches to get front clearances. With the 8 inch maybe not . Hope this helps .
Hey! Yes thank you for the advice, i appreciate it! Now i just have to educate myself about lifts and suspensions. Thanks again brotha

Level 8 rims is the company . 265/70/17 on 17x9. 4.5 backspace with. -12. offset .
Got rims w/ sensors from extreme off-road think from Wisconsin? Sensors stopped working so try to keep ur factory ones .1.5 lift all around .I did spacers up front and blocks out back .the rear spacers came off a GMC.truck factory they fit perfect but I upgraded to 5/8 u bolts .had to drlli the plates out to fit .no sweat .

I only go 4wheeling on the beach so I didn't need super duty off road lift .its basically a street truck .I just wanted to have bigger tires and a little more height .cuz it bottomed out a few times with beach gear and extra people .

And the factory firestone destinations suck .so they had to go .rims were $135.oo and tires from Wal-Mart .$ 117.00 each 265/70/17 hankook s I got about 15k on them rotate every 5k and they are wearing nice and even .

[emoji106]. I was planning on lifting this fall but I’ve decided to hold off. I got some Goat Armor for the pinstripes for the narrow trails I hit out East.

Friends I'm new to this forum
My tacoma has Cooper Discoverer a / t3 245 / 75R16 tires and I wanted to switch to Nexen Roadian MT 265 / 75R16
Would it be a good change or not?

Hey Guys, new to the forum. I got a 2020 trd off road and im planning to switch my tires to 265/70/17 and my wheels to 17x9 with a -12 offset. I'm just wondering if that will cause some rubbing issues? Need your advice. Thanks a lot!

View attachment 8469

265/75/16 is the biggest you can go with no lift/trimming/rubbing according to Discount Tire.
I have Pro Comp 7032 16x8 4.5 backspace/0 offset with BFG T/A KO2 265/75/16. They stick out about 1-1 1/2" more than stock and don't rub at all
View attachment 8470View attachment 8471

16' TRD Off Road DCLB Inferno
Hey Wex, did you have any problems with the Pro Comps rubbing on the brake calipers? I’m looking at that same wheel, but am hearing there might be some rubbing (brake calipers, not tires). Very nice looking truck by the way.

I have 265/70r17 with 4m offset on stock suspension. I rub on mud flaps at almost full lock. I imagine you would rub at full lock. Minor plastic trimming or heat gun to reshape mud flaps/fender liner. 20201005_143640.jpg

Hey everyone, I didn’t want to start a new topic so thought I would ask here. I have a 2021 SR. I purchased the replica TRD pro wheels. These are 17x8 with a +15 offset. The tires I am going with are Falken Wild Peaks 265/70/17. There are no mudflaps on the SR.

Will I have any issues with rubbing? Thanks for your input!

Hey everyone, I didn’t want to start a new topic so thought I would ask here. I have a 2021 SR. I purchased the replica TRD pro wheels. These are 17x8 with a +15 offset. The tires I am going with are Falken Wild Peaks 265/70/17. There are no mudflaps on the SR.

Will I have any issues with rubbing? Thanks for your input!

Should be fine. I have a TRDOR stock with 265/75R16s with no problems. 265/70 came on them factory.

Back