What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

I washed and waxed my truck today...now it just needs one of those TacomaForum.com stickers to go on my back window!!! :thumbup: :thumbsup:

I put another 70 miles on mine today going to and from work.:whistling2: it also needs a bath.

I drove 40 mile round trip to & from work, stopped and got 12 gauge black wire for installing a new 12V outlet under the hood, already have red. While there I thought I'd check what fuses I had. And found I had lots of the wrong type go figure the ones I used in my 2000 PreRunner weren't the same used in my '06 Tacoma and had to get a various supply of the Low Profile ATM fuses. When checking out I caught that they charged me $5 more than the tagged price. The guy tried to tell me the computer was right and an employee didn't tag it right so I owed what the computer said, but I nailed him on it. I got that $5 knocked off.:glare:

Got it wash and vaccum it out but it dark gray and tough to clean the outside because it get dirty fast

Played with Plasti dip......pictures soon:icon_wink:

Today.... Just drove to Disneyland and was sad because all the winds this week made my fresh wax job look super dusty :mad:

This week I'll be adding a 12v socket behind the center console for the rear passengers (already added an in-cab 110v outlet seen below) and either install my center caps or paint the hubs black. Not sure which yet.

This week I'll be adding a 12v socket behind the center console for the rear passengers (already added an in-cab 110v outlet seen below) and either install my center caps or paint the hubs black. Not sure which yet.

I added a 12V always on outlet under the hood a few weeks ago, for a 110v outlet I just plug in a 110v inverter. Finished painting my rims Mon flat black with a matte clear coat. My center caps have not been easy to do, started over twice now. The hard part is painting the Toyota emblem on them blood red. Finally found a way to do it and not screw it up. Hope to be done later tonight after work. Easy part was painting them flat black. Once done with the blood red I'll hit them with matte clear coat. Be glad to get this project done and move on to the next! I'll post pics once done & on the truck.

Finally! After a week of this :wallbash: & mother nature raining on my parade I am finished with my rims & center caps. They are as good as they will get since I'm done jacking with them. Not an easy project using rattle cans but at least they don't look horrible. Will post a pic once I put 'em on the truck. Now it's time for bed!

2 coats rust-oleum self etching primer
2 coats rust-oleum painters touch Flat Black
2 coats krylon rust tough enamel Flat Black
2 coats rust-oleum painters touch Gloss Colonial Red
2 coats rust-oleum painters touch Matte Clear Coat

Same for rims minus the red. Should hold up for quite awhile.

Attachments

• S1050375.jpg
    S1050375.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
Looks good :thumbup: pics of rims also?

Just got back from picking up a few parts (mud flap clips) missing a few, cowl clip one was broken, (bought extras for both) and getting things ready for gear oil changes, i.e. Royal Purple, 10mm hex socket, 12 in filler spout for the gear oil. 21 mm deep socket for tires, don't want to scratch up my newly painted center caps using a 4-way, plus I'll use my torque wrench to specs. Quick bite to eat and putting center caps on now, pics to follow give me about an hour. Sun is out! :)

I looked at my truck today and tried to visualize where a tacomaforum sticker would go (if i actually had one) :whistling2:

Center caps on. Couple pics, trucks a little dirty since it's been the monsoon season for some dumb reason. Missing clips installed. On to the next project....changing all the gear oil to Royal Purple, should be loads of fun. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• S1050377.jpg
    S1050377.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 14
  • S1050378.jpg
    S1050378.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 15
Drove to atlanta for the ACC Toyota anniversary party and back on Saturday.

970 miles round trip. 22hrs with 8hrs partying included in that.

19.4mpg down...no AC, no cruise control @ a steady 75mph

19.7mpg coming home....with AC, no cruise control @ a steady 80-85....sometimes 90mph

WTF? how does that happen?

Great time. Some really cool Tacoma's there.

Back