What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

Did absolutely nothing to the truck.
my truck is several hundred miles away sitting in a tent next to my parent's house. haha

1324966188790.png

Changed the manual transmission fluid on the breakin period of the rebuilt r150f
About 3k miles
Fluid came out rather darkish compared to the golden AMSoil gl4 put back in
A bit over 2.5 quarts in the squeezy pouches

wheeled it to a small town in northern Kansas to visit my uncle that has been in a small county hospital for ten days

Had a fuel pump replaced.

Truck stalled on the way to work at 6:45 am in the middle of BF nowhere. After all the jiggin' around, #10 bus, tow, repair shop, home, rental car.....arrive at work 12:45 pm.

Truck is back in my possession. Paid a ransom of $242.

Tomorrow, the rental gets returned.

If you even run a tank, or 2 of E15, or E85 in these older taco's, it will kill the fuel pump.

Last edited:
my fuel pump is ok, and i have dabbled in the E15 onna a few occasion to see if i notice any better performance and to save a nickel or whutnot it is discounted from the e10 product

Might not notice it right away, but I've seen more than 1 case this fuel with damage those fuel pumps. They can tolerate E10 blends, but not a whole more. Use E85, and your pumps a goner. Even running your tank near empty enough times will kill the fuel pump. They need constant cooling of being in gasoline.

i have heard of this running pump dry but still my pump keeps on truckin' for literally hundreds of thousands of taco miles :oops:

Well. The pump was the OEM pump with feeding the engine for the last 141,xxx miles.

I'm highly skeptical of the claim, Tacojoel.

My pump probably moved around 7600+ gallons to the engine. Out of all that, let's assume I used 8 tanks of E15, roughly 24 gallons of ethanol over the life of the pump. Ratio of 317:1 of gasoline to ethanol. Or 0.3% of consumed fuel.

Pump would need to be pretty fragile at those levels. So, call me skeptical.

What did you do to (or with) your truck today?​

I made the 22-mile treck to DFW Int'l Airport this morning for my volunteer shift and then found out this afternoon the wife wants a 2024 Toyota Highlander and we just got home from all the test drives she did today. And then, I drove BigBlue to a new pizza joint that just opened in Corinth called Simple Simon's. That "Big 10" pizza looked pretty darn good.

Attachments

• 1000003034.JPG
    1000003034.JPG
    482.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000002976.JPG
    1000002976.JPG
    391.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 4.52.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 4.52.54 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
After seeing what those car washes are capable of, I would let one of my vehicles near one.
I know because of that ceramic coating you have on your Taco. Every article I've read about ceramic costing says to stay clear of any carwash. It did say that power washing won't hurt it.

I don't even use a power washer. They tend to blow water in places that never dry out causing rust. Only time I used one, was on my trucks chassis when it was new to blow away any slime, or dirt off the frame during a 90 degree plus week. The following day I spent shooting cosmoline on the entire chassis. I think I sweat off at least 5 lbs that day doing so.

watched the digits roll over to 345,000

checked the engine oil level after 300 miles since it was exchanged
it was a bit low on the checkStick so added between 1/4 and 1/2 quart to get it back to the full hash proper on cold engine
its likely i did not add enough to crankcase when initially filled ... (its challenging to judge accurate level on the checkStick when the colour is so clear with new oil)
or its a leaky issue and hopefully not a burning issue
...will have to keep a monitor onit

Back