What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

What did you do to (or with) your truck today?​

I made the 22-mile treck to DFW Int'l Airport this morning for my volunteer shift and then found out this afternoon the wife wants a 2024 Toyota Highlander and we just got home from all the test drives she did today. And then, I drove BigBlue to a new pizza joint that just opened in Corinth called Simple Simon's. That "Big 10" pizza looked pretty darn good.
Only 10 " ? Our local Market Basket sells plain cheese for $8.99 , oh and it's 18" round.i call-in before we go shopping and it's 20 minutes cruise by the pizza counter and ba-da-bing! Off to the register. :)

watched the digits roll over to 345,000

checked the engine oil level after 300 miles since it was exchanged
it was a bit low on the checkStick so added between 1/4 and 1/2 quart to get it back to the full hash proper on cold engine
its likely i did not add enough to crankcase when initially filled ... (its challenging to judge accurate level on the checkStick when the colour is so clear with new oil)
or its a leaky issue and hopefully not a burning issue
...will have to keep a monitor onit
;)

hittin' the concrete trails south to wheel it east of KCMO for my aunt's funeral in Missouri
i sorta still recall pulling up to their rural place with this very same taco when it was almost new back in '98 and did not have nearly as many tacoMiles onit then
there is a picture of that in a photo album somewhere...

and my rig almost got totaled yesterday by sum dumshhit biitch not slowing down enough behind whilst this tacoGuy was making a right hand turn onto a residential street from a faster moving 2 lane main
i should go check to see if my rt. turn signal works but i am pretty cotDamn sure it does work
:confused: :confused::confused:

We have a fair number of these tesla's, and other high end luxury sports suv's that think they own the roads here. You're not suppose to be in the lane next to them at a red light. I pissed off one good this morning hearing this bozo blowing the horn at me all the way to the next light.

Took my Taco to the Toyota dealership today as I wanted to see for myself how Toyota is taking shortcuts with the 4th gen. As someone here recently pointed out ( I can't remember who but please chime in ) the spare tire is now a freaking donut. It's much smaller and when I put my fingers in teh grooves it felt like it was almost bald. And it says "Temporary Use Only." This really is concerning.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 4
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4

Took my Taco to the Toyota dealership today as I wanted to see for myself how Toyota is taking shortcuts with the 4th gen. As someone here recently pointed out ( I can't remember who but please chime in ) the spare tire is now a freaking donut. It's much smaller and when I put my fingers in teh grooves it felt like it was almost bald. And it says "Temporary Use Only." This really is concerning.
Toyota has been taking lessons from our domestic auto manufactures how to screw the buyer. Its surprised me it took them this long.

wheeled it into northern Missouri
turnt 346k on the 0D0
Still struggling with excessive fuel consumption
and abnormal noisy at freeway speeds
+ a cold draft coming from somewhere low

I certainly e hope not!

Could it be those garbage napa axles? Could be the front diff gear oil level was NOT full yet again like last time axles were pulled??
One audible noise does go away standing still out of gear and push in clutch pedal
I honestly have NO clue about that and whether it is normal or not normal
Never noticed it before all the new parts anyways :oops:

Try to think real hard what can happen when you keep pushing an old worn out truck that many miles. I wouldn't take my chance even on a plane with that many miles, let alone that old.

Just need a few new proper parts is all I would think
Very easy to maintenance I keep reading all about it

Gave a friend a ride home since is Ram is getting new brakes this afternoon. Then stopped at Buc-ee’s for a fill up to keep the truck from starving for gas on my way home…

Back