What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

What did you do to (or with) your truck today​

Loaded up my little sister into my Taco this morning and drove her to her very first colonoscopy. Picked her up in Little Elm and delivered her to the hospital in Frisco. I have todays paper, a sports illistrated magazine, and tacomaforum.com to keep me company in the waiting room til she gets released.

spent 4 hours at the YOTA dealer getting my poor old truck looked at for the fuel consumption issues it had been having for six weeks now

I told you to let that crap go, and move on. Hell, you already have 7 figures into that truck. You got to know when is enough....at least someone needs to tell you.

No, but I definitely did discuss the injectors with the advisor and his boss.

His boss told me the fuel issues and much lower mpg is due to the cold weather and wait until summer for it to improve

They recommend a fuel system cleaning service with injectors still in
And a decarb service that is 200$ each :oops:

Fleecing service.

They'll dump a bottle of "injector cleaner" into the tank, charge you $200 for a $10 bottle of c-rap with 5 minutes labor and giggle all the way to the bank to deposit your money.

You'll burn the tank thinking all is cured, because you paid for the injector clean.

Winter mix fuel has been in the pumps since last October.
Ask yourself this question. Why did the winter fuel not effect anything until 6 weeks ago?

Good Luck

Last edited:
If there is a bunch of cruddy buildup down inside how do U clean it all off?

I would, because any sane person would know they're going to end up spending hundreds more in the shop vs the cost of a few dollars at the pumps each time when filling up. Its plain stupid to keep pouring thousands in an old worn out truck.

it is stupid, you do dare say?

few dollars? try about 10$ per full tank at current fuel prices
that sh!t adds up most definitely

Back