What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

It's possible if the steering wheel was never locked in the center position before removing the old rack. Usually that happens by a rookie that never did one before, or just doesn't know how the job is done. If so, where do you find these guys, or do they find you?
i must b the 1 to find 'em or IDK!?

Just finished giving my taco its biannual/semiannual wolfsteins tonneau cover treatment....cover still looks. and functions like it did 4 years. A nearby neighbor that has a tonneau cover on his canyon thats a year older than mine already appears badly faded from never treating it.

Appears hard and shiny/slippery. I'd get a bed mat if carrying anything. My gen3 bed came some sort of coating, but its more on the wrinkle finish side. Without a mat anything not tied down will slide everywhere.

Yeah I have some scratches on my bed walls, and tailgate, but under the mat...zero. At least it's one place in the truck that can't rust.

yes, no rusty crusty!
BUT?!!??!?

can these composite bed actually CRACK and then leak and or CRACK get much worse that it all needs replaced

Last edited:
I just picked up 16 60 lb bags of concrete at the home cheapo this noon for my brother with the taco, and it was fine all the way...my brother wimped out with the rave4 saying he didn't want it to get it dirty inside with cement dust.:oops:

What did you do to (or with) your truck today?​

This is just nuts. Just got back from the carwash today and for the 4th time since 2020, the rear brakes locked up again on my Taco. The first three times this happened (during the winter and lots of wet snow) I rocked it back and forth til it pops free and then be on my way. So after I finish at the vacuum station, it froze up again. After rocking it for about 10-minutes the wife says take the air hose and blow it into the rotors.

Sure enough, this cloud of rust dust blows back into my face. I repeat the process to the other side of the axle and same same, huge brake dust cloud. Climb back into the cab and rocked it two more times and it finally pops free. I never had issues like this with my 2014 or 2016 Tacos or even my 93 Toyota pickup truck. Have any of ya'll had this problem with your Tacos ?

stuck e-brake?? wheelin' MT i assume you use it frequently as I

have you had it cleaned and adjusted yet?
no drum brakes??

This is just nuts. Just got back from the carwash today and for the 4th time since 2020, the rear brakes locked up again on my Taco. The first three times this happened (during the winter and lots of wet snow) I rocked it back and forth til it pops free and then be on my way. So after I finish at the vacuum station, it froze up again. After rocking it for about 10-minutes the wife says take the air hose and blow it into the rotors.

Sure enough, this cloud of rust dust blows back into my face. I repeat the process to the other side of the axle and same same, huge brake dust cloud. Climb back into the cab and rocked it two more times and it finally pops free. I never had issues like this with my 2014 or 2016 Tacos or even my 93 Toyota pickup truck. Have any of ya'll had this problem with your Tacos ?

Just another reason I haven't seen a car wash this century. I had a similar brake issue with my 93 Toyota 4wd pickup locking up after using a power washer on the undercarriage to remove salt. Car washes can be even worse, especially during the winter.

stuck e-brake?? wheelin' MT i assume you use it frequently as I

have you had it cleaned and adjusted yet?
no drum brakes??
Yes drum brakes on the rear axle. I had a complete brake job done about a year ago at 58,000 miles. And yes, after a youtube search, it seems to be the parking brake. And yes, every time it's parked the e-brake is applied. Always.

Yes drum brakes on the rear axle. I had a complete brake job done about a year ago at 58,000 miles. And yes, after a youtube search, it seems to be the parking brake. And yes, every time it's parked the e-brake is applied. Always.
Ok I wasn't sure if you had drums
I was confused when I read the wife said blow the rotor

Last edited:
You gotta learn not to wash anything to do with E-brake on these taco's.
The gen4 now has rear disc brakes, and some trims use coil springs instead of rear leafs.

You gotta learn not to wash anything to do with E-brake on these taco's.
The gen4 now has rear disc brakes, and some trims use coil springs instead of rear leafs.
And thank the good Lord Toyota has finally added disk brakes all-around and got rid of leaf springs on the TRD models. I've already called oldest son in Florida and warned him about this coz BigBlue is going to be his next Taco when my 4th gen gets here. ;)

Idk, I never had issues with drum brakes on these trucks...shoes in them lasted forever. You will see more rear pad replacements with disc brakes, especially if carrying loads, or towing. Rear coil springs ride nice, but sag out sooner carrying loads in the bed.
Even with leafs in my truck....toss a couple hundred lbs in the bed, and it rides like a limo. I found out my truck came with toyotas newer replacement leafs....it's why the truck sits perfectly level with no rake like others built earlier.

Back