What do you do for Work?

Yeah. That did sound kinda stupid.
Not stupid I just know how it feels to live in a flight path.
Hanging out on the patio or around the fire and a plane banks hard, decreases power and drops it’s gear.
What I can’t hear you over the jet engine. :confused:

Not stupid I just know how it feels to live in a flight path.
Hanging out on the patio or around the fire and a plane banks hard, decreases power and drops it’s gear.
What I can’t hear you over the jet engine. :confused:
Oh yeah. We even see John Travolta fly over every now and then. He has his own private runway at his house not too far from us.

So what do you guys do for work? Trying to see what kind of a crowd we have here, and get to know you lot better.
As for me, I work construction full time for Coastal Cities Construction. My neighbor is my boss. We do everything from framing to roofing, demo, sheetrock, tile, paint, roofing, trim, etc. We usually end up doing a lot of roofing. On the side, I collect/disassemble scrap metal and take it to One Steel Recycling. I take anything from dead appliances to car parts to soda cans. Anything metal, I take it. And at night, I run a paper route with my dad for the Virginian Pilot. That usually runs us from 3 in the morning to about 6, but on Sundays, it's from 1:30 to 6-6:60. On Sundays, some of my siblings come with us to help, as seen in one of the pictures below.
picture.php

Roof job we just finished up yesterday. Simple 6 pitch roof, 2 valleys. Finished about 5 minutes before it started raining yesterday. I'm off today because of the rain, so I'm about to go run a load of scrap metal.
picture.php

Paper route madness! This is one Sunday where my brother Jacob (left) and older sister Iva (middle) came with us. That's me on the right, for those who don't already know me. My two other siblings, Ryan and Rebecca did not come with us that night.
picture.php

Here's a small sample of scrap I have taken in. I just load it in the van and haul it down to One Steel.
I am a "Distribution System Grid Operator Senior" for the power company. 20170927_175453.jpeg

Thanx, you can use the blocks to space boards on a deck and the nails don't fall on the ground . I think there is an invention in there somewhere lol!

Back