What have you done to your Tacoma today?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by ae111black, Mar 30, 2013.

1. TacoHog17

TacoHog17 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. ScooterMcGavin

ScooterMcGavin Well-Known Member

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Nothing it’s still in the shop :(

5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Cleaned up the inside of mine and washed it.

6. YotaYoda

YotaYoda New Member

Today I installed an AshtRadio... 04 Taco with a Cobra 19 ultra III, instead of the ashtray.

I removed then cut a 1.75 x 4.5" slot out of the black dash section behind the ashtray, using a rotozip. Had to cut into the rear of the sides an inch as well, the slot is slightly tapered. I was able to screw the radio to the black section from the top and sides. It's tipped down slightly in the back so that the antenna cable clears below the floor vent behind it.

Made no visible changes... The radio can be removed and ashtray reinstalled.

Attached Files:

Bogunn likes this.
  7. YotaYoda

YotaYoda New Member

I needed new tires and asked around. Then last week a Jeep friend gave me a really decent set of barely used BFG's. They're 265/70/17 so I checked Craigslist and found a set of 17" 05 Sequioa rims. They're def the biggest you can fit on a Turd Taco with stock suspension, they rub slightly here & there. Tested them out this morning. For $230... Ain't complaining. I guess I'm on a roll

Does anybody have the bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks? Any suggestions on an easy 1 or 2" lift?

Attached Files:

8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Looks like you use ur truck as a truck.. get lift coils and a progressive add a leaf or a new leaf pack.

If u wanna use ur truck as a camry, get spacers and blocks

4wd and YotaYoda like this.
  9. wyolivinlife

wyolivinlife New Member

Installed a 3” lift. IMG_1944.jpg

10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

IMG_0067.jpg

Bull Bar and Grill replacement.

4wd, JonRod, OR17TRD and 1 other person like this.
  11. wyolivinlife

wyolivinlife New Member

4wd likes this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

13. wyolivinlife

wyolivinlife New Member

Not the best pic. I went with the Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx, 285/55r16. I am an old school-old guy. I would run a narrower tire if I could find them.

Bogunn likes this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Cool. I haven’t had any dealings with the ST Maxx. Let us know how they wear.
    The last Coopers I ran were the AT3’s on a gen two and I had no luck with them.

15. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Haven't done shit to my truck today but this is my neighbor's 2000 PreRunner with 52k original miles , not a good pic obviously...

[​IMG]

JonRod, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Low mileage. What you can see of it looks pristine.

4wd and kp.taco like this.
  17. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Oh it is cherry , gotta get better pics though

Bogunn likes this.
  18. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

A simple add to the seatbelts. Thanks to @mcklovin77 for showing them on the post a while back. IMG_0084.jpg

19. mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

wyolivinlife and Bogunn like this.
  20. JonRod

JonRod Well-Known Member

Not a damn thing....still in the shop....fucken insurance

Bogunn likes this.
  21. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

noticed the solid fold shifted. I assume its due to the C channel frame and some decent twisting
    Drivers side nearest the cab
    [​IMG]

pass side nearest the cab
    [​IMG]

Still better for MY NEEDS than dealing with the blindspots of a shell, and when I need to take this off it folds up pretty small and can go in a corner.

Bogunn and 4wd like this.