What have you done to your Tacoma today?

here is why we have been soo busy....here is what we got accomplished on the prerunner yesterday:whistling2:

mounting our fiberglass bed sides
picture.php

we added storage compartments in the rear to store gear and tools on the driverside and hooked up all our LED lights to keep everything looking clean:thumbsup:
picture.php

OHH WHAT!???? yes thats right, they are on a pendulum so you gain access to the storage compartments we located in the rear!!!!:w00t:
picture.php

and WHAT!???? yup their is two stages, so we can complete get the fiberglass out of the way to gain access to everything!!!:whistling2:
picture.php

heres a closer look to see all the room we now have
picture.php

but where will we carry our jack you ask....PASSENGER SIDE SIR!!!! with our New EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System...:thumbup:
picture.php

here is a closer look at the EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System
picture.php

here is the jack being inserted in the EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System
picture.php

here is why we have been soo busy....here is what we got accomplished on the prerunner yesterday:whistling2:

mounting our fiberglass bed sides
picture.php

we added storage compartments in the rear to store gear and tools on the driverside and hooked up all our LED lights to keep everything looking clean:thumbsup:
picture.php

OHH WHAT!???? yes thats right, they are on a pendulum so you gain access to the storage compartments we located in the rear!!!!:w00t:
picture.php

and WHAT!???? yup their is two stages, so we can complete get the fiberglass out of the way to gain access to everything!!!:whistling2:
picture.php

heres a closer look to see all the room we now have
picture.php

but where will we carry our jack you ask....PASSENGER SIDE SIR!!!! with our New EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System...:thumbup:
picture.php

here is a closer look at the EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System
picture.php

here is the jack being inserted in the EngageOffRoad Jack Mounting System
picture.php
thats SICK!!!!!

That's sweet DEZERTDUCK! :thumbsup:

Today was change the transmission gear oil. Getting the fill plug broke loose was not fun. Ended up using a crescent wrench, barely able to break it loose with my long torque wrench and socket. Once broken the socket wouldn't stay on since the ratchet kept hitting the front driveshaft. Couldn't find a 15/16" wrench. After a good pull with the crescent it screwed right out with fingers. Oil was a little more darker than the transfer case but still clear enough to see thru, only minor sludge on drain plug magnet. Glad to see that with all the horror stories I've read about the 6-speed manual.
Put in Royal Purple MaxGear 75W-90 and took her for a spin on the highway. Noticeable huge improvement in shifting right off. Much cleaner shifting and don't feel the tiny grind going into 3rd at all now. Down-shifting was smooth in all gears. Hopefully that ends the small grind I could feel going into 3rd. Time will tell. You couldn't hear it but could feel it in the shift knob.

2 down and just the differentials left & rear differential breather mod.

Last edited:
Today we are off the Pre-Runner and on the Race truck....need to install the new axles, make new caliper brakets, repair the Rack&Pinion mounts and she's ready to go test and tune this weekend in Lucern!!!

picture.php

Well, today, I took my "new to me" 2005 to the local DMV and put it in my name.. Then, I came home and gave it a bath!
Tomorrow, I shampoo the carpets!. :whistling2:
ejxyc2.jpg

Changed rear differential oil today. Black gold! very little sludge on magnet. About the same as transmission.

Put in Valvoline DuraBlend 80W-90 and added 2oz of LSD additive. From what I've read Valvoline has about 3% in it at 3 quarts. Fill till spill was about 3 1/2 quarts will drive and see if I hear any chatter. If I do I'll add some more additive.

Well drove about 50 miles today running errands and rear differential is all quiet. Since I used more oil than intended I stopped and p/u'd another quart to do the front differential and also found a 4 ton floor jack with a pair of jack stands on sale for $20 off normal price of $55. So bought that as well. Comes with 2 yr warranty. My old floor jack is over 20 yrs old and seen better days and my jack stands well....I really needed new ones :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Borla pro xs installed with 18in polished stainless steel tips. Loving my new pipes!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_1016.jpg
    DSC_1016.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_1017.jpg
    DSC_1017.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_1018.jpg
    DSC_1018.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 64
Absolutely, nothing but drive back & forth to work. Getting ready to fire up the grill and cook up some Ribeye's & fixins for Mom's day! She had to work also so should be a surprise for her, I know she'll be hungry. :thumbsup:

Gave her bath today. I'll post up a pic after I detail her up some. Right now its grub time I'm starving.
images

Fixed a loose fuel filler hose, adjusted my tie rod. This weekend I'll be putting a Toyota flange adapter on my Dana 44 front axle. Then I can have a front drive line! Yay!

Ordered Light Racing UCAs that are on sale $15 off right now, check out deals/coupons on tw. I can't wait to get them and get my alignment right

Had a double bypass last week so not much going on in the Tacoma but before I had my heart attack I did order a JDM leather shift knob from Japan and I have been looking forward to it the entire time in the hospital.

9e87a05bfa3f686eab6b5cdf7cb6c058.jpg

4becf92336bca338ad0c2a586d09ab56.jpg

c5fb6a9a405c82001e827be98467fd5b.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, still cannot move my arms as much as I would like.

I also came home from the hospital to this nice package from Nathan. Thanks for the forum!

2e72ddb0034bab0decd51ca8ec58e42d.jpg

Back