WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR TACOMA TODAY?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by dbr1110, Feb 13, 2015.

1. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

I'm not good at going for gas till down to 1/8th.

Scott Wyman and Lil G like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

I’m scared it will hard to get paid 1.65 I think

Scott Wyman and B.C. like this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I rarely let mine get below 1/2 tank. Premium yesterday was 2.28/gal here. I saw the tanker pulling up to the station and I immediately drove to the pump before he started filling tanks.

Backroader, B.C. and Scott Wyman like this.
  5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I'm with B-Man. Rarely will I let mine drop below 1/2 tank and never below 1/4. I just fill er up every Sunday no matter where the needle is parked.

6. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

I always fill up at 1/3, got into this habit when I had my Ram. I never worried about my mpg, just cringed every time it took over $60 to fill up. As long as I could get a full tank at less than $60 I was good to go.

Backroader, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  7. MileHigh20!!

MileHigh20!! Active Member

Well it's going to be 70 degrees in Colorado so I was thinking of washing the beast. And detail it and than park it back in the garage LOL!!! Because it's going to snow tomorrow hmm.

8. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

And a week ago I-25 was a Parking lot from Colorado Springs north.

Wacky weather.

Scott Wyman and MileHigh20!! like this.
  9. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

We just finished a really long drive, B stops and fills up with a 1/3 tank left, I consider it at 1/8, and usually do for sure shortly after the fuel light comes on. I don't annoy her for stopping too early, and she doesn't annoy me for waiting longer.
    She also knows that I am wired deep in my brain to fly helicopters. Fuel is heavy, we take just enough fuel to complete the mission, anything more is packing unnecessary weight.

Scott Wyman, Lil G and MileHigh20!! like this.
  10. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Well-Known Member

Running the tank below a 1/4 is just playing roulette with the fuel pump. I’ve always been told that running them too low often will shorten the life of the fuel pump. It’s not worth it to me. I hit 1/4 and I’m filling it back up.

11. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Only fuel pump i ever had die on me was in my old Honda Prelude.
    Think I had owned it less than a month, and it died, leading to a very long walk...

12. VBTacoma

Washed, clay barred, and put on ceramic coat yesterday. Kept it in the garage and went in today and put a 2nd coat of ceramic on it. The paint is as smooth as glass and as shiny as a new truck. Totally impressed!

13. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

we're gonna have to see how it shines!

B.C. and B-Man like this.
  14. VBTacoma

IMG_5356.jpg
    I’m not sure if the pic will show. Usually I have to take the pics directly through the app. Annoying!

kp.taco, B.C., B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  15. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

very good daniel-san, haha! it looks sharp, VB! takes a lot of elbow grease. i'd be afraid to drive it now... birds like shiny targets.

VBTacoma, B.C., MileHigh20!! and 2 others like this.
  16. TacoTruck2019

TacoTruck2019 Well-Known Member

What kind of ceramic do you use? Everyone and their brother is coming out with some kind of ceramic wash/wax now. Some is spray on wipe off, some looks like a more traditional wax application. Youre truck looks top shelf by the way.

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  17. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

What type of ceramic coat did you use? I haven’t tried yet, but been thinking about it.

B-Man and B.C. like this.
  18. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

IMG_6106.JPG IMG_6107.JPG IMG_6108.JPG IMG_6109.JPG New organizer for the Long Bed.

Rear panels hinged to access the rear bed sidewall storage

Two 25” Section drawer with one divider on the Passenger Side, forward top section swings open for accessing storage space while inside the truck bed

Driver side has 3-25” sections with removable dividers

I plan to stain it later.

Ran into this fellow on fb and contacted him. If interested let me know and I'll have him call you. Near Olympia Washington

19. Leland Ballard

Leland Ballard New Member

Glad I could help you out Nick!

Lil G, tooter, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  20. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

That looks great.

21. VBTacoma

I used Mother’s CMX. It was super easy to apply. You spray it on a microfiber towel and just wipe it on. After the entire truck is covered, you go back with another microfiber towel to buff it. A lot easier to apply and buff than any wax I’ve tried in the past. I drove it today and it started to rain tonight before I could get home. That thing beads up like crazy! Water can’t even stay still anywhere on the truck. Lol