What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Site Help and Suggestions' started by Nathan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. EricTheRed

EricTheRed Pantless...

Erm...who's paying for Tapatalk? Are you talking about their v2 app that apparently is complete crap (from all the reviews I've read). I'm accessing this site on the v1 app and it's great.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Nathan

Nathan Administrator Staff Member

You may have already paid for the app but it does cost money https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-forum-app/id307880732?mt=8
    They charge for added features as well.

It's a good service. I'd just rather offer it for free.

4. EricTheRed

EricTheRed Pantless...

Huh...I honestly don't remember paying for it. I'm pretty cheap when it comes to apps. Haha!

5. tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

Same here. I hardly pay for apps. When I had an iphone it was jail broken so they were all free

6. OP
    Nathan

Maybe they had a sale and offered it for free for a while? Either way, it's not free now and I don't want to force people to pay. I also think having a dedicated app is kind of nice.

7. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

I just use my computer. I don't own a cell phone, never have. I have a land line. I don't like to be found and having a cell phone I could be found & bothered. With that said people that call leave a message and I get back to them when I get it. That is if I want to.

8. ST3VE

ST3VE Authorized User

I would like to see members Tacoma's weekly displayed on the TF banner.

Or maybe some sort of member of the week or month.

9. tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

That would be awesome. Saw mine on FB post. That was coooool

10. RMAN808

RMAN808 Senior Member

Did a TacomaForum App every get made for the iPhone? or is it just through Tapatalk?

11. ProForce

ProForce Thin Blue Line

I like this idea! Time to organize a TOTM thread.... Who's starting it? :D

12. DEZERTDUCK

DEZERTDUCK Owner Engage Off Road

how about an official calendar where members can post up events, races, functions, outings, bbq's.....hows that sound?

13. OP
    Nathan

It got delayed... because of me :whistling2:
    The Apple App Store is a pain to figure out. I finally spent some time tonight though and got everything submitted. Hopefully they will turn it around and approve it in the next few days :thumbsup:
    I do want to start a TOTM contest. Any suggestions on how it should be run?

14. tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

I like the calendar idea! its hard to keep up with all the events and when they are sometimes! would help people plan out events as well so there isnt any planning on the same day/weekend.

Is there a subscribed threads page? im having trouble remember where the threads ive participated in are located.

15. OP
    Nathan

A calendar is a great idea but maybe something we can tackle later on.

Here's the link to subscribed thread: http://www.tacomaforum.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

16. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

17. OP
    Nathan

I thought they were talking about a printed calendar. DOH

18. byrd

byrd Moderator Moderator

I'm guessing this^^^^^^:laughing:

But a printed one with pics of members rides would be cool for the home. Something to think about down the road. I get mine from my ins agent which is usually wildlife, but I'd much rather have one with Tacoma's in the pics.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  19. RMAN808

RMAN808 Senior Member

Cool beans, Nathan! :thumbsup:

20. OP
    Nathan

The iPhone app should be live tomorrow :)

21. OP
    Nathan