Zero W Thirty

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by silverT, Nov 18, 2017.

1. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I've had my Camry up to 140mph. Talk about scary. Those old 80's / 90's gt mustangs we're way over rated.. I've raced my buddy's 5.0 moose with the Camry and he lost.. Lol

Bogunn, OR17TRD and Bojangles like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Haha I bet he felt sheepish.

kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I had an old Ford with a 351 that only had 85 on the speedo. I’ve had it wrapped around many times as a kid.

kp.taco, VBTacoma and Bojangles like this.
  5. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Different era though. They were tough for their time. That’s what killed the muscle car: emissions and Japs that could squeeze the same hp out of a 4 banger that Detroit was getting out of a big block.

lcarrasco212 and kp.taco like this.
  6. OR17TRD

I got pulled over between LA and San Diego on I5 in an 84 cutlass supreme coupe 5.0L V8 my speedo was broke and I was headed to traffic school in Huntington Beach for a previous speeding ticket. It was about 645 am Saturday morning. I had to be at traffic school at 8am. I was pacing a Porsche who was the only car around. I saw lights behind me so I started slowing down the CHP passed me went to the Porsche. Porsche started to pull over. When I went to pass them the cop shots in front of me and wouldn’t let me pass. He was able to pull us both over. I’d never seen two cars pulled over like that before.
    He came up to my widow pissed off asked me if I was racing the other car. I said no I was just going with the flow of traffic because me speedo was broke. He said well you where doing 130 mph. He said he didn’t have time to impound our cars and wrote us tickets for 99
    mph in a 70. He said if it was more than 30mph over he would of had to impound the cars and arrest us. He didn’t want to do the paper work. I got to traffic school at 810am and the door was locked. Started knocking and the instructed opened it and said sorry class has started he doesn’t let people in after 8am. He shut and locked the door. I had to reschedule. I sold that car not to long after.

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Haha. That sucks man.

Bojangles and OR17TRD like this.
  8. OR17TRD

That car floated at 100-140mph it didn’t feel like it was going that fast. I think it’s top speed was around 180mph.

kp.taco, Bojangles and Bogunn like this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Impressive

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

LOL.......great story!

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. OP
    silverT

silverT Well-Known Member

The 80's were the start of computer's but those cars were OHV . As we see now current hot V-8's are
    animal's far surpassing the 80's . Some work on the old 5.0 could bring back the respect . The Boss could still be the Boss
    just a matter of tweaking & Money

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  12. kp.taco

Exactly right.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. kp.taco

Unfortunately the japs are better engineer's

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  14. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Didn’t used to be. But that’s the way it went over the last 30-40 years or so.

kp.taco likes this.
  15. kp.taco

I agree.

16. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

My 83 Fox hatch back started life as a 5.slow with the T-5. Got it cheap because someone decided that they never needed to change the oil so it had many rattles. Perfect opportunity for a 347 crank kit! Also found a set of 62cc 2V Cleveland heads that the block was adapted for after some port work. Ended up being a tad over 10:1 cr, MSD, Holley, a mean thump stick and many other goodies. That’s when the car really got fun,... and needed a lot of suspension help. Never dyno’d, it was just a toy, but there wasn’t much that would hang with it after 2nd gear. lol

silverT and Bogunn like this.
  17. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

Nothing more pathetic than a Crown Vic ''Police Interceptor''. Like it's got some Mad Max clutched blower under the hood. 4.6 litres of nothing. They sounded great and went nowhere, same power rating as the stock Marquis. I saw an article about how a 3.5 Honda minivan would out drag it, and having spent countless hours in both, I can tell you the minivan would piss on the ''interceptor''. That interceptor badge on the back was as silly as the giant firebird wings they were putting on those 135hp ****boxes in the late 80's.

kp.taco likes this.
  18. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Watch out for them new town and country vans with the pentastar if ur driving a 5.slow

kp.taco, Bogunn and WiskyT like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s sad but true.

Bojangles likes this.