2016 Tacoma 4 door model wind noise

It dominates sales in its segment the current generation of Toyota's midsize pickup makes up about half of all midsize pickup sales. But as new competition comes to the segment, and the Tacoma continued to age, it was time for an upgrade. And it got a big one for 2016. Ever since Toyota's little truck was actually little, it has earned a strong reputation for rock-solid reliability and tough, capable off - road performance. When it became the Tacoma, that reputation and the size of the truck grew.

I have a 2015 4dr TRD sport with 6000 miles on it and it does the same thing. The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me it was so loud. Mine is coming from the passenger side.It sounds like when you take a blade of grass and put it in between your thumbs and blow real hard.

A lot of people on another site have stated that the holes in the control arm should be checked. A lot of them have plugged the holes and stated that it fixed their truck wind noise.

I have a 2015 4dr TRD sport with 6000 miles on it and it does the same thing. The first time it happened it scared the crap out of me it was so loud. Mine is coming from the passenger side.It sounds like when you take a blade of grass and put it in between your thumbs and

Justin I have the same truck with the same wind issue. I have been trying to get this taken care of for a year now. I have taken in a video, body shop has adjusted the door hinge, tweaked the door frame area and it is now worse. I'm going to see if they will do a smoke test. This is very frustrating

Justin I have the same truck with the same wind issue. I have been trying to get this taken care of for a year now. I have taken in a video, body shop has adjusted the door hinge, tweaked the door frame area and it is now worse. I'm going to see if they will do a smoke test. This is very frustrating
I took this video a week or two ago, sound familiar?

I have a 2016 SR5 and I have not noticed this noise at all. However the 2005 model I traded in made the exact same noise on windy days at freeway speeds ? You would think by now Toyota would be able to figure out what's causing this

I have a 2016 SR5 and I have not noticed this noise at all. However the 2005 model I traded in made the exact same noise on windy days at freeway speeds ? You would think by now Toyota would be able to figure out what's causing this

Yep, any kind of wind and 45mph+.

Justin that is the noise exactly and same spot. Any ideas? I saw another post that vins beginning with 3 T, assembled in Mexico seem to have this in common.

Anybody dealing with this in the Reno area?

Yep, that is my noise.. It only does it under certain wind condtions, or if you can find an open vacant road with no cops, at 95mph it is constant and literally deafening. I have a 2016 Tacoma dual cab with a moon roof. Has anyone figured out what causes it? It is not typical wind noise, more like a howling.

Good news! I have my 2015 in at the dealers right now. They have found the door seal to be defective. They have added more seal strip as a temporary fix until a recall is made. They reassured me I won't need to baby it. Fingers crossed. Of interest they found the strut seals weeping and replaced these.

Hi Justin, I have a 2015 TRD Sport double cab with this exact same noise. It's been at the deeler for over a week now. This is the 3rd time I've taken it in. The service manager said it is related to cross winds, however, they have not been able to fix it yet. It's very frustrating. They did provide me a rental car at no cost, but it's not the same as my truck. Hoping some others may have a fix for this. In the mean time, I'll update what my dealer in Merritt Island FL comes up with. The noise I hear is at high way speeds usually around 75 - 80 when it's windy. Other times it does not make any noise unless you run it up to about 95 lol.

Jeff, just got mine back from dealer. There is a tsb on this. It's the door seal. They also found the struts seeping so be sure they check that also. Questions have the dealer contact Carlos at Reno dolan

Jeff, just got mine back from dealer. There is a tsb on this. It's the door seal. They also found the struts seeping so be sure they check that also. Questions have the dealer contact Carlos at Reno dolan

Thanks NevadaGirl....! I will check with my dealer and see what they say

Do you know if there is a number to the tsb? My truck has been with the dealer over a week, and they still haven't fixed it. Hoping I can get them more info.

Same on 2016 Dbl cab on both sides depending on which side the crosswind is hitting. Wont happen on a calm day at fwy speeds, but throw in a cross wind and the opposite
front top door seal will howl. Loved the "blowing on a blade of grass" analogy. Exactly. I dont want the dealer messing with it unless they come up with a thicker door seal.
I was considering adding some thin foam padding around the door frame to put more pressure on the door seal. I've also found when driving into a crosswind, close your fresh air
duct by setting to recirculate. This greatly reduces the internal cab pressure caused by the crosswind hitting the truck and the seal quiets down quite a bit.

Document everything. My consultant said they are having several issues with the 2016. I'm so happy to have her back noise free

A lot of people on another site have stated that the holes in the control arm should be checked. A lot of them have plugged the holes and stated that it fixed their truck wind noise.
Completely diff issue than this thread. This noise is from inside when the door seals vibrate between the top of the door frame and the cab

Back