2016 Toyota Tacoma Discussion

I think most of us are putting our expectations too high. I actually like the new look, subtle changes to the exterior, but the interior is a major improvement. The interior is miles ahead of gm's new look and it's still a simple design. Can't wait to check it out at the auto show this year.
I'm with you man!!! I'm digging them

Interior Shots

2016_Toyota_Tacoma_Limited_003_65134_42747_low.jpg
2016_Toyota_Tacoma_Limited_005_65140_42747_low.jpg
2016_Toyota_Tacoma_Limited_007_65145_42747_thumb.jpg

Not bad. I'm diggin the lockable glovebox.

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

I really like the 2016 Tacoma Access cab TRD version. I have a 2008 Tacoma Access cab. I have always preferred the the Access cab over the double cab.

Just can't fathom the smaller engine. I know...they're just as powerful, but it's like going from the venerable Chevy 350 down to a 283.

Stopped by the dealer today to have the wife's oil changed in her RAV4. One of the mechanics said he heard they are putting the Lexus V6 in the new tacoma. He said that it will have about 305 HP. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Stopped by the dealer today to have the wife's oil changed in her RAV4. One of the mechanics said he heard they are putting the Lexus V6 in the new tacoma. He said that it will have about 305 HP. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Sounds about the same as I have heard. I think the HP/TQ/MPG figures are on hold until Toyota engineers decide on the V6 tune for mass production. I've heard anywhere from 280 to 315 horsepower.

Sounds about the same as I have heard. I think the HP/TQ/MPG figures are on hold until Toyota engineers decide on the V6 tune for mass production. I've heard anywhere from 280 to 315 horsepower.
Even at the 280 is an improvement over what they have now. Before mods that is. Lol.

What are your thoughts on the 3rd Generation Tacoma (body, interior, new V6 motor etc.)?

Personally, I think the front end could have been a cleaner design, but it can and will be modded as soon as the vendors can get measurements. I like the body lines and not too sure about the smaller V6. I was thinking they would give the 4.0 liter new cam/valve timing and maybe increase the compression ratio for a healthy bump in horsepower and torque. I really like the "FJ" type dash and rounded A/C vents.

Diesel would be great ! I think the truck looks good. If they offered a diesel motor I would trade my Taco in tomorrow. Toyota's 4 cyl Diesels are sick!

One of the things that bothers me about the new 3.5 V6 is the Atkinson Cycle type of engine that it is. Our 4.0's are based on the simpler "Otto Cycle". That, and the fact that there is supposedly a dual-action type of injection system. Seems rather complicated and heavily leaning to more computer controls.

One of the things that bothers me about the new 3.5 V6 is the Atkinson Cycle type of engine that it is. Our 4.0's are based on the simpler "Otto Cycle". That, and the fact that there is supposedly a dual-action type of injection system. Seems rather complicated and heavily leaning to more computer controls.
Runs Atkinson when 'cruising' at low power output, otherwise, Otto. Also the injection keeps away the direct injection crud buildup. Best of all possible worlds.

With that 6th gear, I would hope it uses less RPMs when, as you say, "cruising" at higher speeds. I've put quite a few miles on my Taco recently, and I can honestly say that it sounds as if my truck wants to "slip into something a bit more comfy" in the 70-85 range. If it weren't for already being in the final gear, I could easily cruise using less RPMs. At least 2k instead of 2.5k would be nice.

With that 6th gear, I would hope it uses less RPMs when, as you say, "cruising" at higher speeds. I've put quite a few miles on my Taco recently, and I can honestly say that it sounds as if my truck wants to "slip into something a bit more comfy" in the 70-85 range. If it weren't for already being in the final gear, I could easily cruise using less RPMs. At least 2k instead of 2.5k would be nice.
My six speed sits at 2500 roms at 80 mph in sixth gear

Back