70,000 service interval

JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... clutched. 348k on the 0D0
2o11 single cab AT 4wd just turnt 70k miles 70000

THIS is what is recommended to be serviced at this mileage...

Manufacturer recommended services at 70,000 Miles​

DRAIN & REFILL​

• Engine Oil

INSPECT​

• Brake System
  • CV Joint Boot
  • Drum Brakes
  • Engine Air Filter Element
  • Floor Mat
  • Steering Linkage
  • Suspension Ball Joint
  • Vehicle Fluid Levels

LUBRICATE​

• Driveshaft U-Joint

REPLACE​

• Engine Oil Filter

ROTATE​

• Tires

TORQUE​

• Body Fasteners
  • Driveshaft Flange Yoke

this is the 75,000 schedule

Manufacturer recommended services at 75,000 Miles​

DRAIN & REFILL​

• Drive Axle Assembly
  • Engine Oil

INSPECT​

• Accessory Drive Belt
  • Air Conditioning Condenser
  • Brake Line
  • Brake System
  • CV Joint Boot
  • Cooling System Fluid Level
  • Differential Fluid Level
  • Drum Brakes
  • Engine Air Filter Element
  • Exhaust System
  • Floor Mat
  • Radiator
  • Steering Gear Box Assembly
  • Steering Linkage
  • Suspension Ball Joint
  • Vehicle Fluid Levels

LUBRICATE​

• Driveshaft U-Joint

REPLACE​

• Engine Oil Filter

ROTATE​

• Tires

TORQUE​

• Body Fasteners
  • Driveshaft Flange Yoke

Normal at the 5,000 Service Interval.

You have the same at 80k, 85k, 90k, 95k. Then at 100k, there will be more items needing inspection and/or attention.

Not a big surprise.

It says lubricate driveshaft u-joint every 5k... can't honestly say the yota dealer tech adhered to that

What about this?
Don't they do this right here
TORQUE
Body Fasteners
Driveshaft Flange Yoke

Perhaps them yota techs not doing this by the book is the root of these oddity rattle and shakes that I keep noticing

As I said before. It depends on the work order which is driven by the customer's request. If the customer requests an oil/filter change, then that is written on the work order and that is what the tech does.

It is completely up to the customer to specify what they want done. No way will a shop ASSUME a customer wants more than the work order.

It isn't the shop's responsibility to care for your ride. They operate based on the work order. The owner must be specific about the work to be done.

Think about this.......
You go in for an oil change assuming all the 5K work will be done. You approve the work order stating an oil/filter change. The shop assumes you want all the extra work done for the 5k service. You expect a $50 invoice, but instead receive a $250 invoice. You loudly complain about the $250 oil/filter change waving the work order for just an oil change. The shop has to eat the $200 for the assumed work.

In short, the care of the vehicle is in the owner's hands. The shop will only do the work requested by the customer as specified on the work order.

Last edited:
As I said before. It depends on the work order which is driven by the customer's request. If the customer requests an oil/filter change, then that is written on the work order and that is what the tech does.

It is completely up to the customer to specify what they want done. No way will a shop ASSUME a customer wants more than the work order.

It isn't the shop's responsibility to care for your ride. They operate based on the work order. The owner must be specific about the work to be done.

Think about this.......
You go in for an oil change assuming all the 5K work will be done. You approve the work order stating an oil/filter change. The shop assumes you want all the extra work done for the 5k service. You expect a $50 invoice, but instead receive a $250 invoice. You loudly complain about the $250 oil/filter change waving the work order for just an oil change. The shop has to eat the $200 for the assumed work.

In short, the care of the vehicle is in the owner's hands. The shop will only do the work requested by the customer as specified on the work order.

are you are aware that there are some women out there (sometimes men,too) that don't really know nuts about bolts in automotive car care
they depend on the service rep at the dealer or other shop to keep their vehicle in tip top worry-free shape.

are you saying that those routine services mentioned are going to cost 250$ every 5k miles to make sure everything is torqued right proper

aren't all those above part of the multi-point inspection whilst the oil is draining? or is it some special 5k service

i can understand the invoice to be higher when it comes time to changing coolant, changing transmission fluid, changing 4wd gear oils, etc.

but torqueing body fasteners and driveshaft flange yoke look to appear on EVERY 5k interval

now i wonder if its this driveshaft flange yoke that is causing the oddball clunks shifting into R and D some of the time BUT NOT all the time!

Floor mat?

yes, starting with the Gen2 that floor mat is a thing they always have to check. i think they had problems with the mat coming unhooked and getting stuck under the pedals or something is how i understand it LOL

The $$ I mentioned were not actual numbers, they were to demonstrate a point.

The people who don't know need to look in the Owner's Manual and have a detailed discussion with the Service Manager. The OM outlines all the required checks at the mileage intervals. Many times this detail is a separate document with a record sheet included in the glove box folder.

In the end, it is the owner's responsibility to take care of their vehicle.

The OWNER needs to be responsible. The OWNER approves what work is to be done.

If you call a plumber to clear a hair clog in the bathroom drain, is it reasonable to expect him fix the dripping kitchen sink faucet for no charge????? Similar situation with the mechanic working on your vehicle.

some never look into the owners manual!!

i found this schedule in the CarFax maintenance section under the VIN

some feel responsible of taking care simply by taking it into the dealer service or wherever when they get to the mileage on the sticker placed on the windshield corner and trust THEY should know each and everything that should be done

i would think if they are a true and honest pro mechanic and not some lazy pizzazz they will know of issues, seen them before and make proper maintenance recommendations! that is what they are paid to do for 125$ to more than 150$ per hour

Nothing more pleasing to a shop than an ignorant owner.

Guarantees more work and cash flow for them with future repairs and service.

The Owner's Manual is there for the owner's use, education and knowledge. If the owner doesn't read it, then how is that on the shop or the manufacturer?????

Rant & Rave all you want. Maintenance for the vehicle is the OWNER's responsibility. NOT the shop.

i think i need a timeout here and now :(

and going to pour one out for ALL those people that know absolut nothing other than to bring in their vehicle to the pro when the service reminder appears on the radar

both of my brothers fall into this category...

I assume your brothers are literate and could read the Owner's Manual.

Shoot, my wife and daughter know diddly squat about their cars. But, they have the insight to READ the owner's manual. Sure, if they have doubts they will ask me. I have a distinct advantage over most owners with my BSME and ages of wrenching on my rides.

Maintenance remains the OWNER's responsibility. The Service Manager at the shop is the key to complete service. Remember, the shop will not and can not do any work that is not authorized by the OWNER. Should the Service Manager recommend additional work....yes. Will the Owner authorize the additional work........maybe/maybe not.

You wouldn't believe the stories I've heard from plumbers, and electricians that had to service problems at various homes. One home owner blamed this electrician when he wired an led fixture in a kitchen, and then blamed him afterwards for his tv not working. I guess it's human nature for some to resort to this bs.

just because they can read it does not necessarily mean they can understand and/or retain it
i have issues myself with retention...
CRS syndrome!

i think i need a timeout here and now :(

and going to pour one out for ALL those people that know absolut nothing other than to bring in their vehicle to the pro when the service reminder appears on the radar

both of my brothers fall into this category...

i think i need yet another timeout :(

Did I ever tell you about the plumber that fixed a leaky sink faucet? Well after he had left, the customer called blaming him for their toilet wouldn't flush.

Back