70,000 service interval

?? Which body fasteners are expected needed to be inspected for proper torque specs?

Usually whenever an oil change is requested, they also lube any zerks the chassis has.
I once asked a local dealer about that right there
Service advisor wasn't aware of them having a grease gun pump back there because no new trucks need that anymore lol

I once asked a local dealer about that right there
Service advisor wasn't aware of them having a grease gun pump back there because no new trucks need that anymore lol
I would find another shop. A grease gun is a basic tool for a shop. Many uses beyond pumping grease into a zerk. Many chassis and wheel bearings need grease.

Or the Service Advisor was ignorant regarding the shop's capabilities and equipment.

Regarding your question about body fasteners......only the loose ones need to be snugged up.

I would find another shop. A grease gun is a basic tool for a shop. Many uses beyond pumping grease into a zerk. Many chassis and wheel bearings need grease.

Or the Service Advisor was ignorant regarding the shop's capabilities and equipment.

Regarding your question about body fasteners......only the loose ones need to be snugged up.
The dealer Jay Wolfe in KCMO wanted 30$ over above the oil lube filter 30$ coupin I had to grease em up
I was upset!

How Many body fasteners are there on a single cab?

Only loose ones does not one bit of good if I don't know how many and where they are located
And then to see if I even have the right special tools for them

The dealer Jay Wolfe in KCMO wanted 30$ over above the oil lube filter 30$ coupin I had to grease em up
I was upset!
Seems like the $30 coupon was for the Oil/Filter change. The $30 up charge was for the labor and grease. So, you came out in the wash.

Frankly, the body fasteners.....I'd just look at the cab/bed mount points. Roughly 4/each or 8 total. The special tool is likely just a socket and ratchet, maybe a T55 on the bed.

T55 is a socket tool I do not have :confused:

And now must find torque specs for six bed bolts on the top

TR55 1/2" drive

SHB27255_1.jpg

is there a service interval mileage where that serp belt needs replaced with a new one... i have not found the deets on that yet
as well as the idler/pulleys that could be making the racket

There are indications on the belt for replacement. I wouldn't use mileage as an indicator for a serp belt change.

The evaluation process that I use at each oil change is as follows:
Serp Belt Inspection;
Visually inspect smooth and ribbed side for cracks, edge fraying, missing rib sections, glazing or hard rubber.
Look at the root of the V-ribs for any shine or wear marks. This indicates the belt is driving on the top of the pulley and not on the sides of the V rib.
If any of the above exist, then I will replace the belt.

Belts are cheap compared to the cost a broken belt out in no-person's land or BF nowhere.

Suggest to jump onto the Gates website for a good primer on belts.

do you need the use of two arms to change that serp belt or can it be easy done with just one arm reaching

Let me ask you a question for you to think on.

If you have had surgery, did you demand the surgeon tell you all the details of the procedure???

Does that give them the absolut right to remove stickers without my ok and knowledge
And to improperly reinstall the splash shield skid plate so it looks all droopy and junky

Dude........your changing topics faster than a one-armed wallpaper hanger...............

Thought this was about the serpentine belt................... guess I missed it. o_O

No need to mess under the truck to change serp belt. I think you need a mechanic who knows manure from putty.

Symptoms of Valves that need adjusting​

Scheduled maintenance​

Many cars have valve adjustments built into scheduled maintenance, for a fairly simple reason. Adjust the valves before they’re terribly out of line, and you’ll never have to deal with valve issues. So, pay attention to the scheduled maintenance. The manufacturer is trying to help you save some money and hassle.

Tapping noise​

A tapping or ticking noise under your hood means two things: First, your car may need of a valve adjustment, and second, you probably didn’t pay attention to the scheduled maintenance. When the valves aren’t properly adjusted, there will be a weird tapping-like noise due to the inaccurate spacing.

Engine performance problems​

A valve adjustment that’s either too loose or too tight can lead to engine performance problems such as rough running and lack of power. Either scenario can cause damage to the engine as well.

How urgent is a Valve Adjustment?​

A car that is in need of a valve adjustment is perfectly safe to drive. You’re fine to get in and go. Over time, however, you’ll cause damage to your engine, and I don’t need to tell you why that’s bad, so it’s best to just stay on top of getting your valves adjusted.

i do NOT see anywhere in the factory scheduled maintence when the abouve needs done???

so i looked further into 90k mile schedule and STILL do not see the lifter valves adjustment

Manufacturer recommended services at 90,000 Miles​

DRAIN & REFILL​

• Drive Axle Assembly
  • Engine Oil
  • Transfer Case Fluid
  • Transmission Fluid

INSPECT​

• Accessory Drive Belt
  • Air Conditioning Condenser
  • Brake Line
  • Brake Rotor
  • Brake System
  • CV Joint Boot
  • Cooling System Fluid Level
  • Differential Fluid Level
  • Drum Brakes
  • Engine Air Filter Element
  • Exhaust System
  • Floor Mat
  • Fuel Evaporative Emission Control System Lines
  • Fuel Line
  • Fuel Tank
  • Fuel Tank Filler Cap O-Ring
  • Radiator
  • Steering Gear Box Assembly
  • Steering Linkage
  • Suspension Ball Joint
  • Transfer Case Fluid Level
  • Transmission Fluid Level
  • Vehicle Fluid Levels

LUBRICATE​

• Driveshaft U-Joint

REPLACE​

• Engine Air Filter Element
  • Engine Oil Filter

ROTATE​

• Tires

TORQUE​

• Body Fasteners
  • Driveshaft Flange Yoke

Why do you think the valves need adjustment?

Did you chase down the noise from the serp belt system?

FWIW, push rod type engines have a tendency to tick, even when the valves are in proper clearance specification.

I adjust the valve clearance on my '81 Honda CS500C every pre-season tune up. It is a push rod type engine. It sounds like a sewing machine at idle, it has a soft but audible tick.

I would suggest this is beyond the average DIY mechanic. Engine position is critical for each cylinder on both intake and exhaust valve clearance. I can't say for the 4 cyl, but I've read the procedure for the 1GR-FE. The procedure is not difficult, but it needs to be precise and followed exactly. So, go to a Toyota mechanic and have them assess the need and/or do the work.

Back