a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

wow!
this sensor is 297$
195$ with a 34 per cent 0FF oem discount

hope the heck i can keep going without it going bad

when do these actually start going bad and will it trigger a CEL

https://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/o...0YWNvbWEmeT0yMDAzJnQ9YmFzZSZlPTMtNGwtdjYtZ2Fz

1690292313307.png

You can get a similar denso 02 sensor from rock auto for around $50....I've bought a few over the years there, they work fine. Idk, about the washer pump, you'll need to check their price, they might have a few different manufactures that make them.

Last edited:
You can get ia similar denso 02 sensor from rock auto for around $50....I've bought a few over the years there, they work fine. Idk, about the washer pump, you'll need to check their price, they might have a few different manufactures that make them.

some of them denso are counterfeit made in china knockoffs i have read into

They were not knock-offs when I bought them. The box they came in said was made in the USA. They even came with a small packet of never seize.

They were not knock-offs when I bought them. The box they came in said was made in the USA. They even came with a small packet of never seize.
I will have to look into that
it will probably be the first CEL that triggers that has yet to do so its unreal

i need to have use of the washer fluid for safety
not sure yet if this is where its leaking fluid from with full removal of plastic covershield in the front wheelhouse

View attachment 38959

ACI Windshield Washer Pump

30$ with a supposed lifeTime warranty

i so certainly hope i do NOT have to remove the front passenger wheel and tire to get ease of access to this area where the washer pump is
because i am not that capable of remounting that wheel onto the hub myself without assistance :confused:

Last edited:
I will have to look into that
it will probably be the first CEL that triggers that has yet to do so its unreal
I think short drives puts a lot of filament strain on these o2 sensors. I know when I checked 2 of mine on the tundra, both had open filaments, causing the cel to display, and ecu to throw a code. Others had just rotted apart from old age bringing out the cel. Very surprised your truck hasn't had either of those issues by now.

I think short drives puts a lot of filament strain on these o2 sensors. I know when I checked 2 of mine on the tundra, both had open filaments, causing the cel to display, and ecu to throw a code. Others had just rotted apart from old age bringing out the cel. Very surprised your truck hasn't had either of those issues by now.

me too!

that front crossover exhaust downpipe and cat are looking roasty!
compared to the borla 304 stainless catBack piping that has been in service for a bit over 4 years now, its just discoloured a bit

me too!

that front crossover exhaust downpipe and cat are looking roasty!
compared to the borla 304 stainless catBack piping that has been in service for a bit over 4 years now, its just discoloured a bit
No wonder it's hard for you to part with your truck. You got quite a bit invested in it already....borla stainless exhaust systems are not cheap.

No wonder it's hard for you to part with your truck. You got quite a bit invested in it already....borla stainless exhaust systems are not cheap.

if i can remember 4 years ago it was 500$ or so plus 150$ install
i thot that to be quite reasonable then but not now after
recently checking (out of curiousity) and that same system is now nearly 900$

ORDER:
PLACED:
03/11/2019
ITEM​
QTY​
PRICE​
SUBTOTAL​
BOR-14597 - Borla Touring Cat-Back Exhaust System​
1​
$530.00​
$530.00​
PAYMENT METHOD:
Other​
Subtotal​
$530.00​
Shipping
$0.00​
Tax
$37.10​
TOTAL
$567.10​

'97  borla exhaust pic-1blr.jpg

truck still had that old plastic drop-in liner at the time
LMAO

but i am very tired of that exhaust tip, it just doesn't seem to sit proper
and has discoloured the white on that mudflap :mad:

'97 Borla tip.jpg

custom spirit plates ready to be picked up tomorrow
The renewal notice sent does not credit for the good coin spent in June as prepayment to make them
This had better not be an issue at the county treasurer window tomorrow

...still have the rack weep
this product is doing ok to slow it down, don't recall last time had to add any, its been awhile
right now the level is right at the bottom of the full Hot band on the checkStick, so it could definitely use a wee bit

IMG_5512.JPG

i so certainly hope i do NOT have to remove the front passenger wheel and tire to get ease of access to this area where the washer pump is
because i am not that capable of remounting that wheel onto the hub myself without assistance :confused:
Whut the H!
Gonna have to remove wheel :confused:

Do U know if these fasteners for the washer jar res shield bolt into grommets or welded nuts?

Last edited:
Likely well nuts, or welded nuts. I wouldn't think you'd need any penetrating oil unless you see their corroded.
Slightly corrosion on threads but more like caked dirt on two out so far

Definitely not bolted into plastic grommets!

There is always that one bolt, never disturbed in 26+ years, that just does NOT want to come out easy.
Two 1/2 inch ratchet twists with the 10mm and the plastic shield is wrapping with it :oops:

Back