a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

independence pass - continental divide

1689264544637.png

Independence Pass, originally known as Hunter Pass, is a high mountain pass in central Colorado
It is at elevation 12,095 ft on the Continental Divide in the Sawatch Range of the Rocky Mountains.

Last edited:
Finally got the video from northern Maine uploaded
From back in May
It was quite windy out that day

Holy cow, from Maine to Key West, Florida. I've never been on i-95 but is this the same route ? I had no idea. All I've ever known are the Mountain States and the South Western States.

Holy cow, from Maine to Key West, Florida. I've never been on i-95 but is this the same route ? I had no idea. All I've ever known are the Mountain States and the South Western States.
It sorta runs parallel to 95 but goes the scenic route stop and go lol through all the big and little towns

i still have to cross into Mexico and then try to reenter USA
LOL
got close! but it was way too late in the day for those shenanigans
If coming back from mexico to the usa border, they like trucks that are loaded with contraband. They will have a nice free room prepared for your stay.

A note for y'all to consider.

Rubber bits under the hood are subject to an extreme environment, heat, oil, fumes, cold, dirt, chemical attack......all detrimental to rubber.

As a general rule, rubber bits should be replaced about every 5-8 years. Any cracking, hardness, swelling or discoloration are just some of the signs the rubber is failing.

As an example. Motorcycle tires are recommended to be replaced every 5 years. The rubber hardens/cracks and will begin to lose traction. Motorcycle tires have a contact patch about the size of 2 credit cards per wheel.

A note for y'all to consider.

Rubber bits under the hood are subject to an extreme environment, heat, oil, fumes, cold, dirt, chemical attack......all detrimental to rubber.

As a general rule, rubber bits should be replaced about every 5-8 years. Any cracking, hardness, swelling or discoloration are just some of the signs the rubber is failing.

As an example. Motorcycle tires are recommended to be replaced every 5 years. The rubber hardens/cracks and will begin to lose traction. Motorcycle tires have a contact patch about the size of 2 credit cards per wheel.
Been treating all my rubber seals once a year. They have been holding up great. In 19 years all my tundra ones were in good shape.

Yeah, hot and dry isn't good for rubber pieces. They need to treated, or they will crack and dry out.

Last edited:
Back