a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

Ok.....I'll ask..... at risk.

Why would new tires increase the vehicle's mechanical reliability????

good grief Charlie Brown.

Cut my toenails the other day, it should help with the High Cholesterol.

That driver outer tie rod better hold up another 900 miles, I caught a glimpse of the ripped boot whilst truck off the ground with wheel off at the tireshop
I didn't realize it was that bad! Probably no grease init

And yet I have no steering issues, not even noises turning the wheel
I thought a bad OTR would click click click when turning the wheels ??????

Ok.....I'll ask..... at risk.

Why would new tires increase the vehicle's mechanical reliability????

good grief Charlie Brown.

Cut my toenails the other day, it should help with the High Cholesterol.
Actually taking a 20 mg statin everyday will help with exercise to drop your cholesterol numbers....eating lots of oatmeal can help to.
New tires do help on rain covered roads. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get over 130k miles on a set of tires.

That driver outer tie rod better hold up another 900 miles, I caught a glimpse of the ripped boot whilst truck off the ground with wheel off at the tireshop
I didn't realize it was that bad! Probably no grease init

And yet I have no steering issues, not even noises turning the wheel
I thought a bad OTR would click click click when turning the wheels ??????
Ok.....one more time.

Grab the wheel (truck lifted off ground) at the 9 & 3 positions. Try to rock the wheel in and out. Any play indicates bad tie rods. Could be either inner or outer or both tie rods. Be sure to check both sides.

IIRC, only the inner tie rod has a boot over the end of the steering rack. The outer tie rod does not have a boot. The joint between the inner and outer tie rod is a threaded connection with a jam nut.

Perhaps a solid rubber tire could reach 130 kmiles. Even the best pneumatic passenger/light truck tires are only good for about 75-80 kmiles.

perhaps the proper term is a dust boot on the OTR? that keeps schmuck from getting into where its greasy at the joint
IDK!?

these Michelin treads measured down to 4/32" at 130k
barely within acceptable limits but i think it started riding quite hard over concrete crapped roads compared to when i took it out to break-in the new tires after install

Ok.....one more time.

Grab the wheel (truck lifted off ground) at the 9 & 3 positions. Try to rock the wheel in and out. Any play indicates bad tie rods. Could be either inner or outer or both tie rods. Be sure to check both sides.

IIRC, only the inner tie rod has a boot over the end of the steering rack. The outer tie rod does not have a boot. The joint between the inner and outer tie rod is a threaded connection with a jam nut.

Perhaps a solid rubber tire could reach 130 kmiles. Even the best pneumatic passenger/light truck tires are only good for about 75-80 kmiles.
Say it ain't so the get 130k miles on those magic tires. I only get a max of 40k miles on all brands I've tried, maybe a shade more on michelins, but not even close to 50k miles let alone 130k miles. I guess if I installed an anti gravity device in my truck, and was able to fly, I'd get longer tire life. That must be the part jay isn't telling us about.

i took a picture of the old treads and posted them
do i need to take a picture of the new treads and compare?

can U pipe in and ask for update and any more deets?

Oil change
Oil filter change
35 degrees out
Wet shady ground
Hands numbed from cold
That. Is dedication.
Also found some slop again on the front driveshaft cv's :confused:
Too cold and gettin dark to further inspect

Genuine not available
So these would have to do for the stabilizer

IMG_20231127_103636_564.jpgIMG_20231127_103659_392.jpgIMG_20231127_103716_091.jpgIMG_20231127_103740_360.jpg

Last edited:
i've had those tie ends for more than 2 years in packages ready to put on

it is now that time to get them put on :)

i also found i have 2 new wheel bearings that i did not know i had lmao

and 3 NEW grease caps for the front hubs o_O bot at a sale in Miami 2 years ago
i recently used one to replace a buggard one
WHY did i feel the need to buy 4 back then??

so i absolutely forget how queasy these michelin's with full treads ride on certain grooved sections of the freeway at 60 mph
its the most uneasy feeling swaying side to side to side to side to side...

it could be other mechanical parts doing this but IDK!... once the last set of Michelins wore down a bit that swaying on grooved freeway sections went away so that i why i forgot all about it :confused:

Back