a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

The health insurance proof was in case I was injured he said
He didn't mention auto insurance with Canadian coverage, but that is swell 2 know now

You really should carry a valid passport, or at least an enhanced driver license. You had to be very suspicious to them that they gave you a hard time like that. Usually all they will ask is if your carrying any weapons, where your going, and how long will your stay be...then its have a good trip, and enjoy your stay.
As far as any health issues, quebec has long lifted their covid restrictions entering their province. I think they mean vehicle insurance. When entering Canada you should have a Canada insurance card from your vehicle's insurance company in the case of an accident up there. You can be detained for days if in an accident if you don't have one.
I am not suspicious LMAO
My state has NO enhanced DL and most do not afaik

I am not suspicious LMAO
My state has NO enhanced DL and most do not afaik

It is a Federal level directive, Real ID act passed by Congress in 2005. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is managing the implementation.

Full enforcement was October 2021 for all federally regulated airports, federal facilities and nuclear power plants.

DHS has extended the deadline for implementation to May 7, 2025.

Implementation dates and State level compliance is all over the map. Depends on what source you want to reference. Kinda like all Gov't mandates regarding security......fuzzy, maybe, kinda sorta......wishy washy...... You know firm and clear. 20 years to implement.....pitiful.

Reality.... use your Passport for travel. No problems.

FWIW, I know Iowa is compliant with the enhanced driver's license. I have one.

Last edited:
The health insurance proof was in case I was injured he said
He didn't mention auto insurance with Canadian coverage, but that is swell 2 know now
Yours, or their residents vehicle insurance will cover you, if injured in an accident assuming you have no fault insurance....they have no fault coverage last I knew also, unless your planning on some other type ventures outside of your truck.

Too bad you didn't visit this area in winter and rented a snowmobile...you could have added another 1k miles plus to your trip. That area has some great trails.

Yeah.....the situation is pitiful.

Did you catch the news where a known terrorist from the Mid-East was on a watch list who entered thru the Southern border?

Yep, according to the Gov't genius our borders are secure............. Like a screen door on a submarine.
Our southern border is secure. End of story,
Your's truly, A.M.

Too bad you didn't visit this area in winter and rented a snowmobile...you could have added another 1k miles plus to your trip. That area has some great trails.
I'd probably lose control of the sled and hit a tree smack Headon LMAO

New York, is like driving across Pennsylvania....seems you're in that sate forever.
How far did you go north in Canada? Did you reach Cabano by any chance?
I ventured onto this route for a day along the St Lawrence river seaway on the north side where all the big hills and mountains with 12% grades some places straight down with no switchbacks, much better than Colorado LMAO

1684414729360.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_Route_138

1684414926672.png

I only made it an hour east of the river ferry to a town called forestville before turning around to catch the ferry back

The map travel time says 12 hours to reach the end from QC so it's definitely LONG way out there

Thats still a ways to drive up there. I've been to sept-Iles on a weeklong snowmobile bag ride years ago, and another weeks trip around gaspe just below on your map. I've been in the forestville area after a trip around lac st jean then through mount valins going from west to east. It's a beautiful ride on a snowmobile.
Oh yeah, how'd you like their gas prices up there?:eek:

Thats still a ways to drive up there. I've been to sept-Iles on a weeklong snowmobile bag ride years ago, and another weeks trip around gaspe just below on your map. I've been in the forestville area after a trip around lac st jean then through mount valins going from west to east. It's a beautiful ride on a snowmobile.
Oh yeah, how'd you like their gas prices up there?:eek:
A full tank of petrol was 107$ CAD o_O

first time ever wheeled it through Akron Ohio

oh my my :oops: the disaster of roads they have there tore my taco up bad it so sucked

Back in the day I visited KTM'S headquarters in lorain, Ohio just near the shore of Lake Erie. I heard they've moved.

Back