E.D.T.... every darned time

yet another one yet TBD what went and is wrong...

last week had some carbon intake cleaning service done at the yota dealer with coupin
and every morning since there has been a non-normal cold engine start-up idle issue never experienced before
did somehow the IAC get buggered when they did whut they did
amatuer youTube sleuthing is pointing in this direction...

Last edited:
If thats all they serviced, it's likely, but with the history of high mileage your truck has, anything is possible. Trucks trying to tell you no mas, and your not listening.

I agree with tacojoel. Jay.....IMHO, you are at a point where you need to decide to spend the $$$ to repair your truck or retire it.

It has numerous ills ranging from suspension, drivetrain, engine to mundane things like wipers and fluid changes. My guess to make all the needed repairs it would push $6-8 K pretty hard. Regardless of the brand or make, vehicles will not run forever without repair and diligent maintenance. As the vehicle ages, it needs more fastidious and timely maintenance.

I have seen you delay repairs/maintenance until you reach an arbitrary mileage mark. This is silly beyond clown college.

Yeah, we have all heard about your "buddy" with high mileage supercharged Gen1. Do you honestly believe that owner has not kept up with maintenance and repairs????????? And how does his truck relate to yours beyond being a Gen1?

You don't like the size of Gen2. Gen3 isn't smaller, doubtful if Gen4 will be much different. Perhaps you should consider another make such as a 2WD Ford Ranger, GMC Sonoma or Chevy S10, Honda Ridgline, Nissan Frontier, Mazda B210........ Manual trans are rapidly going the way of the dinosaur. Many like to pretend a manual is a theft-deterrent. What a load of BS. Fact is manual trans have lower resale value. Sure, there are a few buyers who jones for a manual, but they are far from the norm.

Considering the extended miles you are logging, you may want to think about a Full Size 1/2t with all the comforts to make long hours in the driver's seat enjoyable. Also with a new truck you would likely reduce your stress level dealing with mechanics.

I agree with tacojoel. Jay.....IMHO, you are at a point where you need to decide to spend the $$$ to repair your truck or retire it.

It has numerous ills ranging from suspension, drivetrain, engine to mundane things like wipers and fluid changes. My guess to make all the needed repairs it would push $6-8 K pretty hard. Regardless of the brand or make, vehicles will not run forever without repair and diligent maintenance. As the vehicle ages, it needs more fastidious and timely maintenance.

I have seen you delay repairs/maintenance until you reach an arbitrary mileage mark. This is silly beyond clown college.

Yeah, we have all heard about your "buddy" with high mileage supercharged Gen1. Do you honestly believe that owner has not kept up with maintenance and repairs????????? And how does his truck relate to yours beyond being a Gen1?

You don't like the size of Gen2. Gen3 isn't smaller, doubtful if Gen4 will be much different. Perhaps you should consider another make such as a 2WD Ford Ranger, GMC Sonoma or Chevy S10, Honda Ridgline, Nissan Frontier, Mazda B210........ Manual trans are rapidly going the way of the dinosaur. Many like to pretend a manual is a theft-deterrent. What a load of BS. Fact is manual trans have lower resale value. Sure, there are a few buyers who jones for a manual, but they are far from the norm.

Considering the extended miles you are logging, you may want to think about a Full Size 1/2t with all the comforts to make long hours in the driver's seat enjoyable. Also with a new truck you would likely reduce your stress level dealing with mechanics.
Solid advice, but it's likely to go in one ear, and out the other. Heck I'm still trying to break that bad habit of distracted driving jay has. Its for his own good, and others.

Solid advice, but it's likely to go in one ear, and out the other. Heck I'm still trying to break that bad habit of distracted driving jay has. Its for his own good, and others.
Yeah. I bagged on him for a while on that too. In one ear, gathers speed, shoots out the other side.

A little tidbit......distracted driving with a cell phone has been tested against DUI impairment. The results......distracted cell phone has more impairment than DUI driving....... In my eyes, both are arrestable. Some states run cell phone records as part of the accident investigation.

State I'm in has been running programs to catch drivers on cellphones used in distracted driving cases. The penalty's are severe if caught. They are as bad as being caught for dui, and this state is one of the worst if stopped for that.

yesterday found front diff gear oil level 1/2 quart low upon drain
wotn tarnation
FML

State I'm in has been running programs to catch drivers on cellphones used in distracted driving cases. The penalty's are severe if caught. They are as bad as being caught for dui, and this state is one of the worst if stopped for that.
Having been rear ended by a girl who thought her phone was more important than driving, I wish they would send them to jail for a couple of years and never give them a nother license. Like DUI, no excuse for it.

Having been rear ended by a girl who thought her phone was more important than driving, I wish they would send them to jail for a couple of years and never give them a nother license. Like DUI, no excuse for it.
countries in Europe may or may not do that after multiple violations?

Back