E.D.T.... every darned time

Well.....either you have a leak or it didn't get filled all the way.

I'd check the inputs and outputs for any wet or evidence of leaks. If none, then I'd assume not properly filled. Then I'd fill it and inspect it for leaks at every oil change. Assuming you DIY oil changes. Good luck getting a pit monkey to do anything extra.

i shall now have to monitor for a leak in the axle seals :confused:
but NO gear oil was puddled on the ground nor on the undercovers
only thing on the undercovers appeared to be power steering fluid... leak getting much worse as time passes until rack gets replaced
and perhaps some liquidy undercoating stuffs

getting those undercovers off for access is tasking and cumbersome, but more so the putting back on is the ishh...

I can't stand hacks, I like to do things once and do them right..

more likely in May
April can be a bit nippy still and can snow a foot at any time here

more likely in May
April can be a bit nippy still and can snow a foot at any time here

Congrats......you've pushed off needed maintenance/repairs for another 6 months.

Hope you have a down payment saved up for your next ride.

Last edited:
I can't stand hacks, I like to do things once and do them right..

autobodyshop will now need to be closely monitored for any phuckery on the 2o11 Gen2 damage

such as no re-using plastic clips that are basically non-reusable items

I reused my bumper end locking push/pull rivets with no issues...they are made to undue those bumper ends, and reinstall them again without any need for new ones. I'd suggest you let the auto body shop do their work, and not criticize stuff you know nothing about.

Last edited:
i know that re-using plastic clips that are meant for single-use only will come back broken in the near future
it happened with the cowl on my truck when i had to get the windshield replaced!

the top bedrail cover on this Gen2 is littered with plastic-type pushclips
do you need a pic

I had the same ones on my tundra. I bought a set of these chrome push in bed rail tie down fasteners to replace them. Idk if I'd do the same for a composite tacoma bed. At any rate my gen3 doesn't have them.

Last edited:
Back