Holiday sale on OEM parts, 41% off MSRP!

Karen...I mean Ken claims he save's money by spending less money saved on parts while the value of his 27 year old 6 figure taco increases the more miles he puts on it. Claims old worn gen1 taco's increase in value like gold.

to certain chosen few it most certainly does,
Possibly true. Although, those chosen few are dwindling into the miniscule population numbers. The recycle man is always willing to purchase scrap metal.

@JayQQ97 You must keep in mind sentimental value does not translate into value for the buyer.

I know the "sales" I have used don't really save me money. The sales only decrease the amount I spend.

The money was already in the account, it was already saved.

what is the buyer in reference to on the post right before that query?

Does not compute

Unfortunately those chosen ones of yours are far, and few in-between. Old taco's are not like dealing with muscle cars of yesteryear.....especially ones with over 250k miles on them. At that point the scrap man gets involved.
apparently, as one never having a gen1 taco, you have NO real f!kn clue, do you?

20 years since the last compact Yota truck sold in 2oo4 with very little frills
mileage makes not that much of a difference if exceptionally well-maintained

there are plentiful persons out there, i suppose most are of much younger age, that were learning how to drive or getting ready to, that saw these small trucks NLA on the new truck market and the why some pork out head-scratching coin to get something they always wanted amongst a dwindling supply.

you really ought to do more research into this Gen1 phenomenon instead of spewing BS out of your hole...

Stop brain washing yourself with that chit your groupies keep spewing, and start doing some rationalizing for yourself that no one is going to give you 6 figures for a clapped out old truck.

Y wood any give six figures ???
that seems to be quite a bit of a stretch...

need some new big bolts for the ones i saw damaged from yet another sledgehammer that i have absolutely no clue who or whom buggered them up so bad and smashed :(

and some other assorted goodies

need to place order for those 2 big bolts
plus a six-pack of ATF T-IV for that Gen2 i am looking after in my care
and a vent hose to replace an aged 27-year hard AF hose back behind 5VZFE

Y wood any give six figures ???
that seems to be quite a bit of a stretch...
In reality you're lucky to get 4 figure amounts for a gen1 with that kind of high mileage as yours. You're only going to see 5 figures when under 75k miles with one owner, no accidents in pristine cond. I have a couple buddies that deal with older vehicles in the real world, including your precious gen1 taco. They tell me I must be smoking dope hearing what you claim.

Last edited:
like they says
mileage is not much the factor in the gen1 world
most would rather get a much higher mileage 5VZFE with the easy taco miles that has had regular oil and coolant changes
rather than get a low-mileage that has only seen short trips and or sat for longasz period of time
they want the 5VZFE that has had PLENTY of exercise, which mine indeedy does :confused:
it purrrs so nicely at 350k it is good oil machine

In reality you're lucky to get 4 figure amounts for a gen1 with that kind of high mileage as yours. You're only going to see 5 figures when under 75k miles with one owner, no accidents in pristine cond. I have a couple buddies that deal with older vehicles in the real world, including your precious gen1 taco. They tell me I must be smoking dope hearing what you claim.
you are aware that the '97 has certain 'charms' that the other gen1s do not possess, or are you not aware

OEM parts orderd two days ago arrive UPS before 2 today
That is efficient...

Stop brain washing yourself with that chit your groupies keep spewing, and start doing some rationalizing for yourself that no one is going to give you 6 figures for a clapped out old truck.

You are including the figures on the right hand side of the decimal point????

FWIW, there is no way I'd offer more than $1000.00 (6 figures) on any vehicle with the mileage you have on that ride. Don't care what model the vehicle is.

Although, there are a few models I'd love to have in the stable. Volvo P1800, Triumph Spitfire 1500, Toyota MR2 (1st gen), Pontiac Fiero (1st Gen). But I wouldn't even make a trip to inspect the vehicle with 350+ kmiles.

Last edited:
Back