How has ownership of your truck been so far?

Idk, toyota pickups never left me stranded. Maybe i was lucky...had a dead battery in my driveway one morning in my tundra with close to 200k miles on it. All i did was the required maintenance on that truck for 19 years and just short of 300k miles...it was good to me. Costliest issues were the exhaust, steering rack, and timing belt kits. Truck is still running fine today with a new owner.
I had a new catback 304 stainless borla system to replace the muffler that had a big hole leaking exhaust fumes, the borla is guaranteed not to rott for 1 million miles! So far so good no hints of surface corrosion over 3 mild winters
The steering rack is ok still as far as I know and sure wish it keeps going with no issues for awhile longer
But it had a failed wheel bearing develop at about 195k miles. The parts changer did something or else the china bearing they used ripped apart and buggered the knuckle and or hub quite bad the wheel still wobbles some..., I had to buy all new stuff and am going to attempt to DIY that new knuckle bearing hub... The parts were not cheap even with 40% off OEM deal late last year from Miami Toyota

Sounds like time to upgrade. I like winter just fine. No more high humidity, and 90+ days for 3 months, although this truck seems to thrive in summer.
I just registered plates at the DMV yesterday for 99$... Not ready to give that low cost deal up or send truck to crusher for disposal yet LOL.

I was checking out a big tundra at the dealer yesterday... It's just so big and does not have MT option
And it's just so big it probably would not fit in the garage

I just registered plates at the DMV yesterday for 99$... Not ready to give that low cost deal up or send truck to crusher for disposal yet LOL.

I was checking out a big tundra at the dealer yesterday... It's just so big and does not have MT option
I have no need for a tundra these days n

I had a new catback 304 stainless borla system to replace the muffler that had a big hole leaking exhaust fumes, the borla is guaranteed not to rott for 1 million miles! So far so good no hints of surface corrosion over 3 mild winters
The steering rack is ok still as far as I know and sure wish it keeps going with no issues for awhile longer
But it had a failed wheel bearing develop at about 195k miles. The parts changer did something or else the china bearing they used ripped apart and buggered the knuckle and or hub quite bad the wheel still wobbles some..., I had to buy all new stuff and am going to attempt to DIY that new knuckle bearing hub... The parts were not cheap even with 40% off OEM deal late last year from Miami Toyota
I had a flowmaster stainless system in my tundra...after 10 years it was pretty toasty already falling apart. Borla is suppose to be one of the better guys.

I had a flowmaster stainless system in my tundra...after 10 years it was pretty toasty already falling apart. Borla is suppose to be one of the better guys.
i just don't like the exhaust tip! i will have to hunt for a custom fitted tip at a promuffler shop that will fit better in the future days
and i cannot stick my magnetic flashlight to it but that is probably a good thing!

i just don't like the exhaust tip! i will have to hunt for a custom fitted tip at a promuffler shop that will fit better in the future days
and i cannot stick my magnetic flashlight to it but that is probably a good thing!

I couldn't stick a magnet to my flowmaster pipes either, but the weather here in the winter with all the salt, and brine used on the roads took its toll over the years.I think the stock toyota exhaust held up longer.

I couldn't stick a magnet to my flowmaster pipes either, but the weather here in the winter with all the salt, and brine used on the roads took its toll over the years.I think the stock toyota exhaust held up longer.
what grade of stainless was that?
this Borla uses 304
i would like to get the pipes in front of the cat to the engine since they are definitely aged and roachy looking
but the cost to do that, OH! the cost :(

Id get a Tundra if there was a manual gearbox available.

what grade of stainless was that?
this Borla uses 304
i would like to get the pipes in front of the cat to the engine since they are definitely aged and roachy looking
but the cost to do that, OH! the cost :(
Idk, but i wish it was 316 stainless. Nothing special about 304 stainless...its very common.

Idk, but i wish it was 316 stainless. Nothing special about 304 stainless...its very common.
not common enough for the muffler shop to not use it 10+ years ago on the car when it started having MASSIVE exhaust leaks everywhere underneath
its corroded to garbage now with just a blast of compressed air lol

I've not heard of grade 316 before!
here's what i found on search...

Is 304 or 316 stainless better?
Though the stainless steel 304 alloy has a higher melting point, grade 316 has a better resistance to chemicals and chlorides (like salt) than grade 304 stainless steel. When it comes to applications with chlorinated solutions or exposure to salt, grade 316 stainless steel is considered superior.

Most mu
not common enough for the muffler shop to not use it 10+ years ago on the car when it started having MASSIVE exhaust leaks everywhere underneath
its corroded to garbage now with just a blast of compressed air lol

I've not heard of grade 316 before!
here's what i found on search...

Is 304 or 316 stainless better?
Though the stainless steel 304 alloy has a higher melting point, grade 316 has a better resistance to chemicals and chlorides (like salt) than grade 304 stainless steel. When it comes to applications with chlorinated solutions or exposure to salt, grade 316 stainless steel is considered superior.
Most muffler shops don't use stainless unless someone wants a custom job, and even then you have to find a shop that does custom work on exhaust systems.

Most mu

Most muffler shops don't use stainless unless someone wants a custom job, and even then you have to find a shop that does custom work on exhaust systems.
They must just use the aluminum coated stuff

its basically an aluminized ceramic coating which is a cheaper alternative to stainless, but i don't know how well it holds up in snow, ice and salty roads.
It holds up Not t very well at all
Pics when I get them lol

It holds up Not t very well at all
Pics when I get them lol
Figures, i had my snowmobile exhaust done with an aluminum ceramic coating by airborn coatings. it look great when 1st done, but a year later it began to bubble in some areas.

2009 "basic model" 4.0 automatic crew cab with 129,000 miles, I bought it six years ago with 84,000. I have replaced a CV joint, a carrier bearing and u-joint, an alternator, and Spark plugs. rear springs were replaced on a recall. it runs great and still gets decent gas milage (20+)

Back