How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I nestled up to this bad boy today at Lowe's and was very impressed. This CharcoalGray gen2 is spotless and squared away. The sleek bed cover and chrome bumper add a nice touch. I absolutely love the BF Goodrich white letters out. And I swear one of these days I'm going to get me on of those Texas Badges. So freaking cool. :cool:

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 2
So this morning I was having a craving for an 89¢ Bavarian-cream filled donut from Kroger and noticed this Black beauty gen2 Tacoma Sport. Nice subdued Predator running boards and bed cover. Minus the tires this Tacoma is in excellent condition.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
So after my delicious donut I was driving by Discount Tire and found yet another working man's truck. This ImpulseRed gen1 extended cab is over the top. And that is the most beautiful headache rack I have ever seen on a Tacoma. The scratched up bed, beat up tool box, bald tires, and the missing fender flair. That's what I'm talking about; a working man's truck.

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
That gen1
So after my delicious donut I was driving by Discount Tire and found yet another working man's truck. This ImpulseRed gen1 extended cab is over the top. And that is the most beautiful headache rack I have ever seen on a Tacoma. The scratched up bed, beat up tool box, bald tires, and the missing fender flair. That's what I'm talking about; a working man's truck.
Was the frame original or a replacement

Yes, it's a crutch year '01 to '04
There are some out there in gen1 tacoLand that consider ANY rust to be severe
I mighta become one of those taco nuts in the summer of '19 when I saw what I saw junked at the local salvage lot :( that I had absolut no idea it could be so bad!

I've seen pics of Texas - Oklahoma etc rust, even Florida! I've even taken a pic of a gen1 taco in my area at the shop with Texas plates and a frame caked with rust spots all over it!

Is that frame one of the years of the recall frames for severe rust ?

Yes, it's a crutch year '01 to '04
There are some out there in gen1 tacoLand that consider ANY rust to be severe
I mighta become one of those taco nuts in the summer of '19 when I saw what I saw junked at the local salvage lot :( that I had absolut no idea it could be so bad!

I've seen pics of Texas - Oklahoma etc rust, even Florida! I've even taken a pic of a gen1 taco in my area at the shop with Texas plates and a frame caked with rust spots all over it!
Wow, I had no idea. Is it going ot be the same issue for gen3's ? Is it cheap metal from China doing all this or American salt on the roads ?

Wow, I had no idea. Is it going ot be the same issue for gen3's ? Is it cheap metal from China doing all this or American salt on the roads ?
I don't know much about gen3 yet lol
Actually I am extremely surprised that I have seen zero wheelhouse rot door panel rot and tailgate rot on the gen2 tacos that have been on the salty roads since 2005!
I've only seen 1 gen2 with a rotted tailgate bottom in Wisconsin but was explained away as some other type of damage that led to that rusted mess
For Gen1 I see those issues with body panels quite often just like the old yota trucks

Came back to my tacoma parked in the grocery store lot just a little while ago.....no tacoma, but a chitbox Hyundai with more dents then you have fingers, and toes was parked next to my truck. Must of belonged to this 300 lb fat lady that was entering the store as I was going out.

And this my friends is my youngest sons 2014 SuperWhite gen2 Taco ! It's an MT with 130,000 miles. The view is from the 3rd story of his Wedding reception in downtown Kansas City today. It's just a matter of time before he trades it in for something bigger that will hold a wife and their 27 kids (lol).

Attachments

• image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
The gen2 tacos?
Yeah, dealer has replaced lots of gen2 frames over the years. In fact when I was at the dealer for my last Toyota care visit, we sitting in the waiting room they were taking to an owner of a 2011 tacoma telling him, if he didn't take some immediate action cleaning his chassis better, he was going to have major issues. They had just replaced a section that holds the spare tire from what I heard.

Made my morning rounds in town today and spotted this beautiful Puma-like Black gen3 Limited lurking in the wood-line. Magnificent creature. A matching ARE camper shell, Arctic push bar, and subdued predator running boards, and a bad a$$ roof rack. Wow I love those rims.

Attachments

• image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
Made my morning rounds in town today and spotted this beautiful Puma-like Black gen3 Limited lurking in the wood-line. Magnificent creature. A matching ARE camper shell, Arctic push bar, and subdued predator running boards, and a bad a$$ roof rack. Wow I love those rims.
Nice rig and totally agree with you about the rims!

This was the day for gen3's because after the black puma, I spot a CavalryBlue gen3 Sport parked at Walmart. Lift kit, bigger tires, and subdued running boards are nice. I still dislike those gay, factory "roof rails". No offense LBGT community, drink a Bud Light on me….

Attachments

• image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
This was the day for gen3's because after the black puma, I spot a CavalryBlue gen3 Sport parked at Walmart. Lift kit, bigger tires, and subdued running boards are nice. I still dislike those gay, factory "roof rails". No offense LBGT community, drink a Bud Light on me….
Another nice rig!

Bud light truly sucks...you couldn't pay me to drink that swill....that queer beer needs to be consumed by the LGBT community....thats where it belongs as far I'm concerned. Heck even miller lite tastes better.

Back