How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

So today, the wife wanted a bottle of spirts and I wanted a Wendy's frosty (or was it the other way around) about an hour ago, and, as I'm entering the Kroger parking lot there is what appears to be a drug deal going down except there were no drugs. Two dudes were negotiating a straight up trade between a ghetto looking Volvo station wagon and a White, 1990 Toyota pickup truck 2WD 4-speed manuel transmission with a 6-foot box, with a 147,000 original miles. I couldn't believe how good a shape this Toyota was in.

I couldn't believe my eyes. So I back in next to the Toyota and ask which one owns the Toyota. The tall skinny dude says it's his and I ask a little history about his pickup. He says he's had it two years and the only thing that was replaced was the fuel pump and has some surface rust but nothing major. The factory 22R is still running smooth and gets great gas milage.

I ask him if I could take a few pictures for toyotaforums.com and he says no problem. I thank both of them and leave but as I'm sitting in the Wendy's drive thru I can't stop thinking about this little golden nugget. I write my name and number down and hope that they are still in the Kroger parking lot. They were. I get out and hand over the paper to the owner and tell him that if the deal doesn't go down with the Volvo owner to give me a call and I would make a serious offer for his pickup. We'll see…..
Damn TexasBigBlue looks like you could possibly be getting a great little truck if the deal falls through for the other guy!

Damn TexasBigBlue looks like you could possibly be getting a great little truck if the deal falls through for the other guy!
I hope you're right Taco Man. But it's already 9:33pm and I didn't get the phone call. Seriously, a grinder in my hand to remove that surface rust and a brand new paint job and I think that little 90's baby would be special….In VooDoo Blue of course. ;)

I hope you're right Taco Man. But it's already 9:33pm and I didn't get the phone call. Seriously, a grinder in my hand to remove that surface rust and a brand new paint job and I think that little 90's baby would be special….In VooDoo Blue of course. ;)
Wow! Voodoo blue so would be like a twin or an older sibling for your 3rd gen! Lmao!

So today I went to the pet store for some more dogfood when I pulled up next to a good-looking SuperWhite gen2 TSS PreRunner SR5 (that's a mouthful). Rims are nice and the subdued exhaust tip is sutle and a nice bed cover.

Attachments

• image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
So today I went to the pet store for some more dogfood when I pulled up next to a good-looking SuperWhite gen2 TSS PreRunner SR5 (that's a mouthful). Rims are nice and the subdued exhaust tip is sutle and a nice bed cover.
Wow! Nice 2nd gen!

My dumbphone has actually been letting me on here the last few days! Damn I hope I didn't jinx it now! Lmao!

So this morning I had to stop by Home Depot and Spotted this beautiful, RadiantRed gen1 SR5 with a matching camper shell. This beast is in mint condition. There is no surface rust what so ever. The factory rims look brand new and the white letters out are a nice touch. My guess is this Tacoma has never been off-road.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
  • image0-5.jpeg
    image0-5.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
And then, on my way home from Home Depot I notice the craziest color yet I have seen in real time and not in pictures. The ElectricLime gen3 TRD Sport with a nice bed cover and a slight lift kit, and the hood scoop is painted flat back. I know my VooDooBlue pops, but this color "pops" a bit to much for me.

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
And then, on my way home from Home Depot I notice the craziest color yet I have seen in real time and not in pictures. The ElectricLime gen3 TRD Sport with a nice bed cover and a slight lift kit, and the hood scoop is painted flat back. I know my VooDooBlue pops, but this color "pops" a bit to much for me.
For some odd reason I just have a craving for a mountain dew.

So this morning I had to stop by Home Depot and Spotted this beautiful, RadiantRed gen1 SR5 with a matching camper shell. This beast is in mint condition. There is no surface rust what so ever. The factory rims look brand new and the white letters out are a nice touch. My guess is this Tacoma has never been off-road.
Wow nice 1st gen! Must've been garage kept!

BTW anyone hear about Tucker Carlson's departure from Fox News??!! I don't think we've seen the last of him by no means! He'll probably go to another network!

Wow nice 1st gen! Must've been garage kept!

BTW anyone hear about Tucker Carlson's departure from Fox News??!! I don't think we've seen the last of him by no means! He'll probably go to another network!
When the news came out this morning they said Rupert Murdock is under tense pressure from the left to stop speaking the truth about the democratic machine. They must have something on him. And yes, Tucker Carlson will be on TV soon with another network.

When the news came out this morning they said Rupert Murdock is under tense pressure from the left to stop speaking the truth about the democratic machine. They must have something on him. And yes, Tucker Carlson will be on TV soon with another network.
Yup! I heard that about Rupert Murdock too! Wonder if maybe The Blaze will pick him up or possibly Newsmax??!!

As soon as I left the rusty salt belt today I started seeing gen1 tacos start popping up on the roads here and there
Speaking of gen1's I've been on a roll the past few days. Pulled into Harbor Freight today and spotted this Green gen1 SR5 2WD sitting there all by itself. It appears to have fair wear and tear, couple of dent and dings with the factory steel wheels. And it's a 5-speed MT !

Attachments

• image0-5 copy.jpeg
    image0-5 copy.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • image1 copy.jpeg
    image1 copy.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Yup! I heard that about Rupert Murdock too! Wonder if maybe The Blaze will pick him up or possibly Newsmax??!!
I've heard Rupert Murdocks sons that lean left are now running daily operations at fox, and wanted tucker gone. They didn't approve of tucker going with those jan 6 videos, and being a 2020 election denier. They wanted him to do different content for the show.

Speaking of gen1's I've been on a roll the past few days. Pulled into Harbor Freight today and spotted this Green gen1 SR5 2WD sitting there all by itself. It appears to have fair wear and tear, couple of dent and dings with the factory steel wheels. And it's a 5-speed MT !
I saw a few more today wheeling around NW NC
Lmao

I've heard Rupert Murdocks sons that lean left are now running daily operations at fox, and wanted tucker gone. They didn't approve of tucker going with those jan 6 videos, and being a 2020 election denier. They wanted him to do different content for the show.

I was patiently waiting for that one video footage
From the beginning of entry to the very bitter conclusion

Not a bad little work truck!

Yep, I heard the exact same thing tonight.

Back