How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

So my days of monster tires and lift kits expired about 30 years ago but the owner of this gen2 SR5 did it right. Just a little 1" or 2 inch lift kit and mildly bigger tires is in good taste for me. The chrome rear chrome bumper and running boards accent the MidnightBlack exterior, with a good looking subdued bull bar. Rims aren't bad either.

I read somewhere on the internet Toyota will offer an "all chrome" package on the 2024 SR5. I got news for ya fellas….That 80's chrome is back !
Good lookin' rig TexasBigBlue! I'm a chrome guy myself! I just turned 47 a few weeks ago but I've always liked the classic old school look of chrome! I'll take chrome rims over black rims any day! I like black trucks and cars but I gotta have some chrome on that sucker! Chrome grille, chrome bumpers, chrome rims, and a little bit of chrome trim!

I remember back when I was kid the popular thing was big truck mirrors, referred to as west coast mirrors, on pickups! When I was teenager my first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 swb Custom Cab, I wanted to change the factory mirrors to some black custom mirrors, my dad thought I should put the west coast mirrors on it but at the time I didn't like them because in the '90s they were out of style! Now that I'm older I find myself liking the west coast mirrors on the older pickups because they give it that Truck look! Isn't it interesting how our tastes change as we get older and mature!

Last edited:
Good lookin' rig TexasBigBlue! I'm a chrome guy myself! I just turned 47 a few weeks ago but I've always liked the classic old school look of chrome! I'll take chrome rims over black rims any day! I black trucks and cars but I gotta have some chrome on that sucker! Chrome grille, chrome bumpers, chrome rims, and a little bit of chrome trim!

I remember back when I was kid the popular thing was big truck mirrors, referred to as west coast mirrors, on pickups! When I was teenager my first vehicle was a '66 Ford F100 swb Custom Cab, I wanted to change the factory mirrors to some black custom mirrors, my dad thought I should put the west coast mirrors on it but at the time I didn't like them because in the '90s they were out of style! Now that I'm older I find myself liking the west coast mirrors on the older pickups because they give it that Truck look! Isn't it interesting how our tastes change as we get older and mature!
I'm with you on those big mirrors Taco Man. Quick story; I was stationed in Germany in the 90's and had a 92 F-150. Construction zone down to to lanes and an oncoming vegetable truck with same big mirrors goes by me at a combined 80 KPH and BAM ! The drivers side mirrors hit each other and instantly shattered my drivers window and his. Haven't had "big truck" mirrors since.

I'm with you on those big mirrors Taco Man. Quick story; I was stationed in Germany in the 90's and had a 92 F-150. Construction zone down to to lanes and an oncoming vegetable truck with same big mirrors goes by me at a combined 80 KPH and BAM ! The drivers side mirrors hit each other and instantly shattered my drivers window and his. Haven't had "big truck" mirrors since.
Yeah I've gotten to where I really like the big mirrors on the older pickups from the '60s and '70s, I just like the old school look of it! After I got into my teenage years I didn't like them because they were out! Now I really like them on the older trucks like I said! My dad had a '68 Chevy CST when I was a little kid and it had the big mirrors on it and seeing the big mirrors on the older trucks takes me back to that! I wouldn't put them on the later trucks from the '90s on, I just don't think they'd look right'

You had a '92 F150! Damn man! I had a '93 F150 swb XLT! It the 5.0 with an AOD! It was a great truck, I really miss it sometimes!

So today I'm back at the Highland Village Walmart for some donuts and spot this beautiful SuperWhite gen2 regular cab Tacoma. Nothing that says SR, SR5, Sport, OR, Limited, but this little guy was in immaculate condition. Very nice….

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
I'm jealous of you guys... The closest I came to parking next to another Tacoma was when I pulled into the grocery store next to an FJ Cruiser. They promptly left before I could even turn my truck off.

My Taco was now alone, at least two empty spaces all around. After getting what I needed at the store, I walked out to see a black Gen 3 starting towards mine, and does he park close? Nope. Not even. It's like my truck has Covid or something. The best I have had was old Frontier parked next to me.

Were you in Germany in late 1997 early 1998?

I'm jealous of you guys... The closest I came to parking next to another Tacoma was when I pulled into the grocery store next to an FJ Cruiser. They promptly left before I could even turn my truck off.

My Taco was now alone, at least two empty spaces all around. After getting what I needed at the store, I walked out to see a black Gen 3 starting towards mine, and does he park close? Nope. Not even. It's like my truck has Covid or something. The best I have had was old Frontier parked next to me.
I have that same problem myself at times. Every now and then I'll catch one. Sometimes I'm just in a hurry and don't have time to stop and take any pictures of one when I see it!

I have that same problem myself at times. Every now and then I'll catch one. Sometimes I'm just in a hurry and don't have time to stop and take any pictures of one when I see it!
I saw some real rotty looking gen1s today :( but they are still on the roads!

Nice little truck! I like glazed donuts myself and also the chocolate covered ones but hell I’ll eat any of them! Lol!

Maybe I need to get donuts at the grocery store. then maybe other Tacos would park near me. But I don't like grocery store donuts, especially when there is a Krispy Kreme almost next door, with the Hot Light on... I would just LOVE to lay down on that icing machine and take a ride. Yum. Yum. Yum!

I was there all around as a contractor in 97/98... Thot we mighta crossed paths!
Darmstadt ring a bell or Wiesbaden or were you elsewhere?
Ahhhh yes. I was stationed at Giebalstadt the first year then Wurzberg the next two years after all the Deactivations. Wiesbaden was about an hour drive from me. What did ya do as a contractor ? What a small small world.

The problem for me Redneck and Taco Man for me is I see all kinds of Tacomas every day and it makes me so proud to other owners driving the same pickup truck as me. My problem is I want to take a picture of them but I can't get close enough because they are so crowded around with other vehicles it's hard for me to find a parking spot next to them. That's why I thought it would be challenging and fun to start a thread with pictures parked besides these other Tacos. :)

Ahhhh yes. I was stationed at Giebalstadt the first year then Wurzberg the next two years after all the Deactivations. Wiesbaden was about an hour drive from me. What did ya do as a contractor ? What a small small world.
It was During the techboom the army hospitals there and clinics needed an upgrade from how things were

Back