How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

So today I was at Planet Fitness pumping iron (yeah right) when I spotted this SuperWhite 2016 3rd gen TRD Sport with a 6-foot box. As a former owner of a 2016 TRD Sport I can tell you with no uncertainty that this owner swapped out the factory plastic chrome grill for an aftermarket TRD Pro grill. Looks great as well as the mean looking AT's. The chrome running boards and the after market chrome on the tailgate are a nice touch but what caught my eye is the size of the hood scoop has gotten so much larger in the past four years.

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
So today I was at Planet Fitness pumping iron (yeah right) when I spotted this SuperWhite 2016 3rd gen TRD Sport with a 6-foot box. As a former owner of a 2016 TRD Sport I can tell you with no uncertainty that this owner swapped out the factory plastic chrome grill for an aftermarket TRD Pro grill. Looks great as well as the mean looking AT's. The chrome running boards and the after market chrome on the tailgate are a nice touch but what caught my eye is the size of the hood scoop has gotten so much larger in the past four years.
Beautiful 3rd gen TexasBigBlue!

Out and about this morning and found this CharcoalGray gen3 TSS OffRoad. Not "TRD", "TSS." So I got home and googled and onToyotas website it states;

"The Toyota Tacoma TSS (Toyota Safety Sense) is a standard safety or appearance package. As the name suggests, it adds cosmetic designs on the rims, step bar and exhaust tip. It also adds black lettering and sticker as extra. Two possible color options are Black and Graphite."

Ok, kinda tacky but whatever. So I still don't know if this is a Texas thing, a Southwest thing, or a Southern thing because until I moved back to Texas, I had never seen a "TSS" on the side of a Taco….

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Out and about this morning and found this CharcoalGray gen3 TSS OffRoad. Not "TRD", "TSS." So I got home and googled and onToyotas website it states;

"The Toyota Tacoma TSS (Toyota Safety Sense) is a standard safety or appearance package. As the name suggests, it adds cosmetic designs on the rims, step bar and exhaust tip. It also adds black lettering and sticker as extra. Two possible color options are Black and Graphite."

Ok, kinda tacky but whatever. So I still don't know if this is a Texas thing, a Southwest thing, or a Southern thing because until I moved back to Texas, I had never seen a "TSS" on the side of a Taco….
Beautiful 3rd gen! I've seen TSS on plenty of Tundras, don't remember if I've seen it on a Taco! I might have!

I just came back from a visit helping out a friend tune his yamaha 3 cylinder outboard that has carbs. On the way back I came up on a very early gen1 slate blue tundra. The cab was in fair shape, but everything on back was rotted away like those t-100's seen here years ago. There were components of the undercarriage dragging on the road, with some wired hanging loose. Its very rare to see a mint toyota pickup thats 20, or more years old.

I just came back from a visit helping out a friend tune his yamaha 3 cylinder outboard that has carbs. On the way back I came up on a very early gen1 slate blue tundra. The cab was in fair shape, but everything on back was rotted away like those t-100's seen here years ago. There were components of the undercarriage dragging on the road, with some wired hanging loose. Its very rare to see a mint toyota pickup thats 20, or more years old.
how does that truck pass state inspection?

Last edited:
So today I had to take care of some business in New Mexico when I found this CementGray gen3 OffRoad with a nice bed cover. I wonder what the "M" on the trailer hitch is all about.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
And no sooner when I turned the corner where was this Maroon classic gen1 SR5. I think he's in the water business. OMG are those manuel hubs ????

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
So today I had to take care of some business in New Mexico when I found this CementGray gen3 OffRoad with a nice bed cover. I wonder what the "M" on the trailer hitch is all about.
That's a great looking 3rd gen! Love the CharcoalGray!

I noticed you haven't been on here all day! I hope you enjoy New Mexico, never been there myself!

That's a great looking 3rd gen! Love the CharcoalGray!

I noticed you haven't been on here all day! I hope you enjoy New Mexico, never been there myself!
No TacoMan its cement gray and yes even on top of Ratone Pass (border between NM and Colorado) it was 97 degrees but its a nice 97. Dry heat which is what I love. :)

No TacoMan its cement gray and yes even on top of Ratone Pass (border between NM and Colorado) it was 97 degrees but its a nice 97. Dry heat which is what I love. :)
Sorry thought you said CharcoalGray, my bad!

Low 100s here a today! Supposed to get continually hotter until Wednesday according to Evan Andrews, then drop down to the low 100s again at the end of the week and into the weekend!

Sorry thought you said CharcoalGray, my bad!

Low 100s here a today! Supposed to get continually hotter until Wednesday according to Evan Andrews, then drop down to the low 100s again at the end of the week and into the weekend!
Man it's the dog days of summer, doesn't matter which state you live in….Except maybe Alaska. :D This was the first time in a long time I haven't seen Evan on Fox4 in the 7-10am time slot. I was on the road at 0530. I gotta check Jay's thread and see if he's still in Kansas.

Man it's the dog days of summer, doesn't matter which state you live in….Except maybe Alaska. :D This was the first time in a long time I haven't seen Evan on Fox4 in the 7-10am time slot. I was on the road at 0530. I gotta check Jay's thread and see if he's still in Kansas.
Man 5:30 in the morning rush hour is just getting started around that time, at least you were heading away from the DFW Metroplex! Anyhow enjoy your trip!

Just hoping and praying we don't go on strike next week at UPS! They're supposed to resume negotiations with the Teamsters tomorrow, hopefully they'll stay with it and get a deal done this time!

Man 5:30 in the morning rush hour is just getting started around that time, at least you were heading away from the DFW Metroplex! Anyhow enjoy your trip!

Just hoping and praying we don't go on strike next week at UPS! They're supposed to resume negotiations with the Teamsters tomorrow, hopefully they'll stay with it and get a deal done this time!
I had no idea you were for UPS. The news said today that teh workers have the advantage over managment as they worked through the pandemic and the last time UPS workers striked on 1997 they were doing 15 million pagaes a day. Now it's over a hundred million ! Put the AC in the trucks. Come on man….

I had no idea you were for UPS. The news said today that teh workers have the advantage over managment as they worked through the pandemic and the last time UPS workers striked on 1997 they were doing 15 million pagaes a day. Now it's over a hundred million ! Put the AC in the trucks. Come on man….
Yeah they already reached a tentative agreement on the ac in the trucks! They have 99.999% of the contract done, just negotiating our raises and maybe 1 or 2 other things and that's it!

Back