How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I was watching a YouTube video on a channel called Smart Trucking, the guy is an owner operator truck driver said he supports what the Teamsters are doing at UPS! Anyhow I read several of the comments on his video the majority of which were UPS employees one of them said that the delivery trucks already come with ac in them, UPS has their mechanics remove it! I don't know if that's true it's just what that commenter said, wouldn't be surprised though!

I worked for G&K linen services in the 90's in Denver for 12 months and they bought their delivery trucks used from UPS. No AC, I drove that truck with the drivers door open and the delivery door wide open.

I worked for G&K linen services in the 90's in Denver for 12 months and they bought their delivery trucks used from UPS. No AC, I drove that truck with the drivers door open and the delivery door wide open.
Really?? I thought I read somewhere that UPS didn't sell their trucks, they just destroyed them or something! Well I guess what I read was wrong! Lol!

Really?? I thought I read somewhere that UPS didn't sell their trucks, they just destroyed them or something! Well I guess what I read was wrong! Lol!
Absolutely not TacoMan. Not just G&K, but Cintas, Aramark, and Unifirst bought UPS trucks in Denver. At least in the 90's.

Ha ha. Haven't seen a telephone mounted in a bathroom since the 70's. And I picked it up and actually got a dial-tone ! Wow.

Attachments

• image0-4.jpeg
    image0-4.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
I was watching a YouTube video on a channel called Smart Trucking, the guy is an owner operator truck driver said he supports what the Teamsters are doing at UPS! Anyhow I read several of the comments on his video the majority of which were UPS employees one of them said that the delivery trucks already come with ac in them, UPS has their mechanics remove it! I don't know if that's true it's just what that commenter said, wouldn't be surprised though!
A/C is not good for stop and go driving
it wastes AFAIK

do the USPS delivery vehicles have A/C or not? IDK!!

Just returned from an errand to the local drive in ATM. I ended up in back of a fairly new bright red gen3 tacoma with the '' crossroads of america'' Indiana plates on it. I'm thinking blue states need company.

Just returned from an errand to the local drive in ATM. I ended up in back of a fairly new bright red gen3 tacoma with the '' crossroads of america'' Indiana plates on it. I'm thinking blue states need company.

Indiana has some rather nice areas and some rather NOT nice areas

i drove through one of the Toyota plants parking lots a couple years ago off of route 41 north of Evansville Indiana

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2241.JPG

saw 2 or 3 Gen1s in the parking lot
i was so very disappointed

IMG_2242.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2243.JPG

I had no idea you were for UPS. The news said today that teh workers have the advantage over managment as they worked through the pandemic and the last time UPS workers striked on 1997 they were doing 15 million pagaes a day. Now it's over a hundred million ! Put the AC in the trucks. Come on man….
Yeah remember a few weeks ago I jokingly posted on here I call UPS the chain gang and that anytime someone tells me that UPS is a good company I reply back with "There ain't no good chain gang"! Lol! And "What we have here is failure to communicate"! Lmao! Anyhow I found out at work today that they reached a tentative agreement this morning sometime, am soooo happy about it! We're getting the largest raise I think I've ever gotten from any place I've ever worked! Now we just have to vote for ratification of it, which will take a few weeks or so!

Yeah remember a few weeks ago I jokingly posted on here I call UPS the chain gang and that anytime someone tells me that UPS is a good company I reply back with "There ain't no good chain gang"! Lol! And "What we have here is failure to communicate"! Lmao! Anyhow I found out at work today that they reached a tentative agreement this morning sometime, am soooo happy about it! We're getting the largest raise I think I've ever gotten from any place I've ever worked! Now we just have to vote for ratification of it, which will take a few weeks or so!
I heard the news today on the radio as I was leaving New Mexico. Congrats to you and the entire UPS Corps. You know you could take that pay increase and get yourself a brand new 2024 PreRunner. :)

1690324145497.png 1690324095374.png 1690324168449.png

I heard the news today on the radio as I was leaving New Mexico. Congrats to you and the entire UPS Corps. You know you could take that pay increase and get yourself a brand new 2024 PreRunner. :)

View attachment 38991

View attachment 38991 View attachment 38989 View attachment 38992

View attachment 38991 View attachment 38989 View attachment 38992

View attachment 38989 View attachment 38992
Yeah I could do that but I don't like new truck payments! I like my 1st gen, I could take that raise and do an AT to MT swap! Or maybe buy a 1st gen double cab prerunner or 4x4??!! I've read on the internet that 1st gen double cabs were only AT if so I'd definitely need to do an MT swap! Lol!

Last edited:
Back