How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

TexasBigBlue

I've been there, but not with the truck
It is on the bucket list
Long drove to Seattle. I did it once in 2 days about 1900 miles iirc
While I was there I wanted to also drive to Alaska and back but it was another 1900 miles from Seattle to one of the big Alaska cities
I had to pass on that
Oh yeah, beautiful country in the NorthWest and Canada has been officially to my bucket-list ;)

TexasBigBlue

So I ventured out to today in the sleet storm and it is definitely 4-wheel drive conditions. I-35 was a complete mess, semi-trucks thinking they can still go fast and in the ditches. Cars in the ditches, cars wrecking cars on the side streets and even in retail parking lots. But I did capture a few Tacomas today on my cell phone in the crappy weather.

The Barcelona Red 2nd gen SR at the Hobby Lobby.
Stopped off at Taco Bell and had lunch with a Super White 3rd gen SR.
Then went to the tobacco shop and found a beautiful 2020 3rd gen Blue Crush Metallic TRD Sport.
At the Wells Fargo bank I spotted a 2nd gen TRD Sport White access cab with a sweet camper shell. Those 2nd gen's really do look better than the 3rd gen's if you ask me.

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
  • image3-4.jpeg
    image3-4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 5

TexasBigBlue

So the roads were actually worse today than they were yesterday. More cars and semi-trucks in the ditches. Made it to the Courthouse on the Square and parked beside a gorgeous 3rd gen OR Quicksand with another sweet "ARE" camper shell. I'm lreally starting to like the six-foot box on a Tacoma more and more…..

Attachments

• IMG_0936.jpg
    IMG_0936.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

tacojoel

So the roads were actually worse today than they were yesterday. More cars and semi-trucks in the ditches. Made it to the Courthouse on the Square and parked beside a gorgeous 3rd gen OR Quicksand with another sweet "ARE" camper shell. I'm lreally starting to like the six-foot box on a Tacoma more and more…..
Seen a few of those quicksand trd long bed tacomas here.

TexasBigBlue

So the 3rd day of ice and sleet storms in Texas and I ventured out once again. More than half of all businesses are closed today in preparation for the 3rd and final storm. I needed some art supples for a project and headed out to Hobby Lobby and would you believe this ? In the entire Hobby Lobby parking lot there are six vehicles and one of them is a sweet 3rd gen TRD OR in Cavalry Blue ! Had the predator running boards, rear chrome bumper, and a 2-piece, blacked out, diamond plate bed cover. And the parking lot was pure ice…...

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Taco Man

So the 3rd day of ice and sleet storms in Texas and I ventured out once again. More than half of all businesses are closed today in preparation for the 3rd and final storm. I needed some art supples for a project and headed out to Hobby Lobby and would you believe this ? In the entire Hobby Lobby parking lot there are six vehicles and one of them is a sweet 3rd gen TRD OR in Cavalry Blue ! Had the predator running boards, rear chrome bumper, and a 2-piece, blacked out, diamond plate bed cover. And the parking lot was pure ice…...
Be careful man! I think the ice is supposed hang around for 1 more day before it's gone!

TexasBigBlue

Lunchtime and thought I'd stop by the thrift store today. One of the dogs knocked over my crock pot and shattered the insert and lid a few weeks ago and I'm on the hunt looking for replacements when I spotted a 2nd gen SilverSkyMetallic SR5 PreRunner. I wonder if the ice caused his camper shell window to shatter…...

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7

tacojoel

Lunchtime and thought I'd stop by the thrift store today. One of the dogs knocked over my crock pot and shattered the insert and lid a few weeks ago and I'm on the hunt looking for replacements when I spotted a 2nd gen SilverSkyMetallic SR5 PreRunner. I wonder if the ice caused his camper shell window to shatter…...
More like someone crashing into the rear of the truck.

TexasBigBlue

god point. Missed the huge dent on the tailgate.

TexasBigBlue

OMG ! Old Timer spotted at Buc'ee's today. Ole boy from Oklahoma was driving down I-35 south on his way down to San Antonio. Had a bag of beaver nuggets in one hand and a cigeratte dangling from his lips. Way to cool. An older 1980's/early 90's 2WD Maroon SR or SR5 I believe. Had some rust and was a little slow but he looked soooooo happy climbing back into the cab…..

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
  • image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

tacojoel

OMG ! Old Timer spotted at Buc'ee's today. Ole boy from Oklahoma was driving down I-35 south on his way down to San Antonio. Had a bag of beaver nuggets in one hand and a cigeratte dangling from his lips. Way to cool. An older 1980's/early 90's 2WD Maroon SR or SR5 I believe. Had some rust and was a little slow but he looked soooooo happy climbing back into the cab…..
From the rough looks of that little red Toyota, I can only guess what that old timer might be hauling that's covered up in its bed....perhaps a still?

TexasBigBlue

Well the Texas ice storm is officially over after four days and the high today was 48 degrees. I had to go to Irving and get some money from the credit union when I spotted a 3rd gen (2016-2017) TRD Sport Barcelona Red. Niiiiiiice.

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1