? is the center-support (carrier) bearing the source of the current taco ills + vibes

i have not yet checked to see if it pings/knocks in neutral with high RPMs near 3k, somewhere in that area...

perhaps that ping pingy was nothing more than the pilot bearing wearin' it on the shaft but real good

Just finished rebuilding the drive shaft of my 2nd gen '12 TRD OR. After 169,000 miles the carrier bearing was shot, all 3 u-jts were OK, but repl w/ Spicer u-jts anyway. My credo; always repair as best as possible, parts are cheap compared to labor & aggravation. It runs extra smooth again.

Thats about the same mileage the carrier bearing was toast on my gen1 tundra. You could feel the vibration when they go bad.

Thats about the same mileage the carrier bearing was toast on my gen1 tundra. You could feel the vibration when they go bad.
Yes, and a really cold snap kind-of finished it off for me. But in retrospect, 12 years & 169K miles isn't bad for any mostly-rubber product under harsh conditions.

Same here with all seasons we have, plus the muddy road from my home to the highway I use to travel back, and forth to work everyday.

that B one pricey taco part right there, even after the 30+ discount 0ff

i should PROBABLY find the torque spec and double checkIT
considering the massive amount of fukkery found on the truck by that sloppShop

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

For my '12 TRD OR I went with the Dorman 934-401 'center support bearing'. and it cost $56.96 +tax on Amazon.
The u-joints were Spicer, the kit of 3 was $58.25 +tax on eBay from ventures truck parts and equipment. With tax, my total cost for parts was $125.

Back