is this nothing more than just surface rust?

Eastwood chassis paints are nothing special, they're just paint, like John Deere chassis black paint. The toyota black frame paint is just thicker, but its still paint.
Oh the taco black factory coating is much different than other chassis paints, much different
You can see it in those pics how it just bubbles through and peels
It's pee coating from my observation and experiments and sandblasting good OEM coating vs sandblasting the Eastwood primer and topcoat off, which took quite a bit of belaboured efforts to remove
Oem coating removed like butter!

Massachusetts taco
Elderly father's truck that was wholly dealer serviced apparently

IMG20230422122424.jpgIMG20230422121926.jpgIMG20230422121916.jpgIMG20230422121904.jpgIMG20230422121858.jpgIMG20230422121853.jpg

Need to be wary of crawling around under other people's vehicles taking pictures. Could be a good way to get hurt.

If I catch you under my vehicle taking pictures.....you're gonna get thumped with a sledge hammer or a shovel or kicked in the jimmys.

Sounds like a serious threat with a sledgehammer and that to do bodily injury
Dafuks your problem, boy?

Sounds like a serious threat with a sledgehammer and that to do bodily injury
Dafuks your problem, boy?

Well....last time I felt....I was well beyond a boy.

You have no business underneath any vehicle that you do not own or do not have the owner's permission.

How does the owner know you are not casing the vehicle for theft? Or sabotaging the vehicle? Or installing a tracking device to aid in tracking for theft?

I'm not totally sure of the potential legal charges, but trespassing or criminal mischief could come into play.

You know, it does seem odd. You consistently claim you can not get under your truck to perform work due to injury and pain. Yet, you have no issue getting under someone else's truck to examine the rust and post pictures......

Care to elaborate????

I don't know what to say....gotta be something better to do than look at pic's of old rusty chassis.

Last edited:
Heck, the entire parking brake system on my tundra stopped working after a few years. When I took a look to find out why....the cable, and all the linkage brackets were rusted up solid. To this day it was probably never fixed.

Back