It's Midnight; what are my fellow Tacoma owners doing ?

Trying to make it back from Wyoming !
Temperature is one below zero in the east
Stopped to juice the taco up shortly after the odo turned over 290k miles shortly after midnight CST
Wow looks like you're going to make it to a million miles way before I do Jay. Sure you're not the Midnight Hauler ? Lol. :)

Well crap it ain't midnight yet but I am falling asleep on the couch watching reruns of Giligan's Island. What are the rest of you all doing ???
Watched an old Denzel Washington movie last night, Man on Fire. It is based on actual kidnapping events in Juarez, Mexico. Short dog walk at midnight at -5F, windchill in the -25F range. We got to the end of the driveway. Made a yellow patch in the snow, then went back to the house.

Oh....Mary Ann's (Dawn Wells) legs........................mmmmmmmm. Little known fact. Raquel Welch auditioned for the Mary Ann part but was refused because she didn't have the "girl next door" look.

Wow looks like you're going to make it to a million miles way before I do Jay. Sure you're not the Midnight Hauler ? Lol. :)
the crankcase oil level is still on full mark after 8k miles since it was changed
no burn! no leaks! ... it had a weep four years ago from the VCG, thank goodness that seal is still good coz it was good money to reseal that
i wish to see what is hidden at the end of that million mile marker LOL... is it just a myth?
the truck is COVERED in road salt right now

Last edited:
what's your average miles per year on your taco?
at 20k average it WILL take you 50 years :eek: :eek: :eek:

Another night falling asleep watchin Gilligan's reruns. Not going to to make it to Midnight again. What say you ?

Well it's 11:33 til Midnight so that's close enough for me. No pictures tonight but I can sure as hell tell ya it's raining cats & dogs in North Texas tonight. Lighting, Thunder, and the raindrops smacking down on my roof sounding like gun shots going off. I'll tell ya, life ain't easy being a Texan….

Drove down the street today and just noticed my neighbor painted his garage doors green. Not sure what to think about it…..

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 6
Drove down the street today and just noticed my neighbor painted his garage doors green. Not sure what to think about it…..

it sorta matches this...

21vqk6w644271.jpg

Well it's Midnight in Texas and I'm still reeling in tonight's Super Bowl between Kansas City and Philadelphia. What a great football game….

Attachments

• 1__49765.jpeg
    1__49765.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 1
IMHO. KC did not play strong enough to earn the trophy. More than 10 pts were gimmes and the end of game "holding" call was weak. But the call was enough to seal the game.

Philly's Offensive line constantly pushed the KC defense 2-3 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Oh well. Game is over...... Next year is another to hope for Maimi to generate a season that is better than a split season.

Meanwhile, hockey (fight) season has another 6 months and basketball has another 4 months and baseball will end around December. Wish I had channels to watch MotoGP.................... Watching golf is like watching the grass in my yard grow.

Time to start ordering parts to repair the '81 Honda CX500 to get back into the wind. Dropped the engine to set up for the replacement of the 42 yo played out ignition system.

IMHO. KC did not play strong enough to earn the trophy. More than 10 pts were gimmes and the end of game "holding" call was weak. But the call was enough to seal the game.

Philly's Offensive line constantly pushed the KC defense 2-3 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Oh well. Game is over...... Next year is another to hope for Maimi to generate a season that is better than a split season.

Meanwhile, hockey (fight) season has another 6 months and basketball has another 4 months and baseball will end around December. Wish I had channels to watch MotoGP.................... Watching golf is like watching the grass in my yard grow.

Time to start ordering parts to repair the '81 Honda CX500 to get back into the wind. Dropped the engine to set up for the replacement of the 42 yo played out ignition system.
Well now may be the time to start watching NASCAR my friend. The Daytona 500 kicks off the season and it starts this Sunday. 95% of the races are on local channels FOX Sports and NBC. :cool:

Nope. NASCAR has little interest for me. They only make left turns and bash each other.............

I know, someone will say "Rubbin' is Racin'" Rubbin is self-loving.

Nope. NASCAR has little interest for me. They only make left turns and bash each other.............

I know, someone will say "Rubbin' is Racin'" Rubbin is self-loving.
You sound just like my cousin in Nebraska. Left turn, left turn, left turn. I tell him every Sunday, don't knock it till ya try it." :)

Watch a MotoGP race. Then you will see real head to head racing with speeds swinging from 80-210 mph in seconds. Motorcycle lean angles up to 63degrees off vertical, foot peg to foot peg. Battles for all positions from the lead all the way to 22nd. Racers start with the machine and ride the machine without PIT STOPS or tire changes or fuel adds.

It is pure racing.

Could "MotoGP" possibly be like Harley-Davidson dirt racers on a dirt track ? My old boss and good friend used to race "dirt Harleys" on very small tracks in Colorado. I don't know anything about the sport but he was pretty darn good. The pictures in his house showed the riders wearing a metal skid-plate they put over their boot to help control their slide into and out of the curves. They litterally put their foot down on the track like a kickstand to keep their balance going 90 miles an hour through the corners.

Back