It's Midnight; what are my fellow Tacoma owners doing ?

If you like dirt racing.....you'll like MotoGP. Very few Harleys on the track. Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati,Yamaha.....many other Liter bikes. Speeds are high, corners are tight, competition is intense.

To give you an idea of the technology used. The race suit the riders wear are equipped with telemetry, air bags, aerodynamics...... The bikes are insane with the tech involved.

There are 3 race classes, Moto1, Moto2 and Moto3. The differences are the engine displacement. IIRC, Moto3 is 500cc, Moto2 is 750cc, Moto1 is 1000cc. The races are short usually about 100 miles, the fuel tanks on the bike limits the distance.

Yep. It's Midnight and I did it. Been thinking about this for too long and I just pulled the trigger on my next pair of boots. Amazon just sent me an email saying they will be here by Saturday. Adtec Packer 9" Chestnut Packer - 1173. Best deal I found was $114. Love the fact they are flame retardant. I'll post an unboxing video on this hear thread very soon. :)

Attachments

• 815ayyYaIDS._AC_UX535_.jpeg
    815ayyYaIDS._AC_UX535_.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AdTec box.jpeg
    AdTec box.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 6
Nice.
Wish I could mail order boots. I have trouble finding footwear in any style. My size is 10H (formerly known as 10EEEE) coupled with a high instep. Generally, I buy RedWings because they tend to have the wide wide footwear, although limited styles.

My last pair of RedWings are steel toes. Cost was well over $200, pushing to $250. Then the salesperson wanted to sell me some $70 insoles........these were essentially a set of Dr. Scholl's insoles...... Ummmmm, No.

BTW, cute tassel. :p

Last edited:
Well I'll be darned. The FedEx man showed up today with my new boots that I ordered on Amazon. The email from Amazon said arrives Saturday and they showed up two days ahead of schedule. Thank you FedEx man. They fit great and are comfortable. All leather, fireproof, water resistant, and super comfortable. Cheers.

Attachments

• image0 copy.jpeg
    image0 copy.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
Ten minutes to Midnight…. Sippin & chillin. Life is good when you work hard at it.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Well it almost midnight and started reminiscing about the past then stumbled across my middle sons very first pickup truck from old pictures. 1990 SR5, extended cab, 4WD, V6, 5-speed manuel transmission. He was a beauty in all black with white letter tires and aluminum wheels, and power everything. We paid $4500 in 2007. He wrecked it twice in the Commissary parking lot in full speed reverse into a parking lot light and then off-roading in the Ozark Mountains. He sold it at a huge loss in for $1,300. Had about 300,000 miles. What a sweet ride.

Attachments

• DSC_0081.JPG
    DSC_0081.JPG
    837.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0083.JPG
    DSC_0083.JPG
    878.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    865.6 KB · Views: 7
"I've heard manual transmission trucks in particular are starting to command a premium"

:cool:
... its midnight somewhere out there

Last edited:
"I've heard manual transmission trucks in particular are starting to command a premium"

:cool:
... its midnight somewhere out there
I'm skeptical.

More maintenance, more difficult to drive, more coordination.....

Today's drivers want remote start with a button, have the cell phone, hands-off driving, climate control, all the comforts, gadgets and most of all...... NO PAYMENTS.

Difficult to drive!
If your left foot knee hip and other leggie parts are bummed or something other then yes! difficult to drive :oops:
Wheelin' MT in deep AF snow around the residential is a definite challenge but a most thrilling experience
Probably same in mudd as well but I don't have any tales to tell there

Difficult to drive!
If your left foot knee hip and other leggie parts are bummed or something other then yes! difficult to drive :oops:
YOU have complained about slipping the clutch as you reverse down your long driveway.
YOU have also complained about the clutch while in stop-n-go traffic......
Starting after a stop on a hill is more difficult with a clutch than an automatic.

Yes. A manual transmission is more difficult to drive than an automatic. BTW, I have owned both and still have both.

An automatic......the clutch doesn't need to be slipped when backing down the driveway........

YOU have complained about slipping the clutch as you reverse down your long driveway.
YOU have also complained about the clutch while in stop-n-go traffic......
Starting after a stop on a hill is more difficult with a clutch than an automatic.

Yes. A manual transmission is more difficult to drive than an automatic. BTW, I have owned both and still have both.

An automatic......the clutch doesn't need to be slipped when backing down the driveway........
You shoulda been there in Colorado on i70 on the other side of the continental divide
Slick roads
3 lanes backed up for miles
Dark and cold out
Stop and go stop and go
7 per cent grade up hill climb
Slick icy roads
I might have stalled the buggard once or twice :oops:

Reality. Manual Transmissions are falling by the way of the dodo.

The consumers don't want the manuals, so they are buying more automatics. The manufacturers respond by reducing the number of models with manual trans....... Market demand is driving the availability.

The consumers don't want the manuals, so they are buying more automatics. The manufacturers respond by reducing the number of models with manual trans....... Market demand is driving the availability.

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 2

MT is more for enthusiast... And perhaps many European drivers?

I was also 4 wheelin' that slick 7% grade up in CO with NO electro rear traction control .. trucks a dinosaur :D
Was relying on old skills...one with the taco
Just happy I didn't burn that old high mileage clutch up too bad :eek:

Last edited:
I was also 4 wheelin' that slick 7% grade up in CO with NO electro traction control .. trucks a dinosaur :D
Was relying on old skills...one with the taco
Just happy I didn't burn that old high mileage clutch up too bad :eek:
Definitely sounds like Loveland pass on I-70 through the Eisenhower Tunnel or Wolf Creek Pass in Pagosa Springs. I'll take my skills and a manuel transmission over an automatic any day of the week.

Back