It's Midnight; what are my fellow Tacoma owners doing ?

I have a question that's not related to this thread or even this forum. If I'm not mistaken wasn't there a law passed making it illegal to sue gun manufacturers solely for the criminal misuse of their products? We now have all these families of the victims from Uvalde etc. wanting to go after Daniel Defense because of their marketing practices etc. supposedly! I'm very tired of hearing about this bs about how guns and gun owners being evil! I know everyone wants this sh*t to stop however infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights ain't gonna stop it, it's only gonna increase it!
Whoa whoa whoa Taco Man ! There's a whole lotta comments you just rolled into one. Yes it's Midnight and that's why things get talked about here compared to other threads. Gun manufacturers get sued every day but the Constitution is on their/my side. Uvalde victims families will get justice. Guns don't kill people… people kill people.

Whoa whoa whoa Taco Man ! There's a whole lotta comments you just rolled into one. Yes it's Midnight and that's why things get talked about here compared to other threads. Gun manufacturers get sued every day but the Constitution is on their/my side. Uvalde victims families will get justice. Guns don't kill people… people kill people.
Yes I agree Uvalde victims' families both will and should get justice, suing gun manufacturers is not the way to go about getting justice! They're not responsible for the criminal misuse of their products is what I mean!

It's Midnight; what are my fellow Tacoma owners doing ?​

Well I thought I was giving up on this thread because I just can't stay up this late these days but wow, my fellow Tacoma owners are still up and so will I. Even though it's only 11:36pm. Lol. Having said that, It's Midnight; and here's what my dogs are doing. :cool:

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
I have a question that's not related to this thread or even this forum. If I'm not mistaken wasn't there a law passed making it illegal to sue gun manufacturers solely for the criminal misuse of their products? We now have all these families of the victims from Uvalde etc. wanting to go after Daniel Defense because of their marketing practices etc. supposedly! I'm very tired of hearing about this bs about how guns and gun owners being evil! I know everyone wants this sh*t to stop however infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights ain't gonna stop it, it's only gonna increase it!
The PLCAA of 2005 prohibits suing firearms manufacturers, BUT they can be sued if their marketing can be linked to marketing towards children. The only thing I can find about Daniel Defense specifically is ONE picture of a child with a rifle in his lap, and a tagline that says to “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it,” basically, saying teach them about gun safety early, which is correct. But liberals and progressives have taken this ONE tweet and blew it up beyond all reality, and says that it means to teach firearms glorification to kids. DD's timing wasn't great for that tweet, as it was posted about a week before Uvalde, as was the almost cryptic tagline.

Anyway, firearm deaths (about 20k) are not even half of the deaths from motor vehicles (43k), and diabetes kills more than 100k. When can we sue car manufacturers and pop companies?

The PLCAA of 2005 prohibits suing firearms manufacturers, BUT they can be sued if their marketing can be linked to marketing towards children. The only thing I can find about Daniel Defense specifically is ONE picture of a child with a rifle in his lap, and a tagline that says to “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it,” basically, saying teach them about gun safety early, which is correct. But liberals and progressives have taken this ONE tweet and blew it up beyond all reality, and says that it means to teach firearms glorification to kids. DD's timing wasn't great for that tweet, as it was posted about a week before Uvalde, as was the almost cryptic tagline.

Anyway, firearm deaths (about 20k) are not even half of the deaths from motor vehicles (43k), and diabetes kills more than 100k. When can we sue car manufacturers and pop companies?
Thanks Ragnar The Redneck that answers my question!

I've been seeing news stories about that then saw it again last night right before I went to bed and that's why I posted that question.

So I guess the plaintiffs have to prove that DD was marketing firearms to children under 18 then?? Wonder how difficult that would be??

So I guess the plaintiffs have to prove that DD was marketing firearms to children under 18 then?? Wonder how difficult that would be??
So I believe there is a reason people can't sue a gun manufacture when someone uses a firearm to harm another. That would certainly open up the door for someone suing GM/Ford/etc, for killing someone by running over them with their vehicle. The vehicle didn't drive itself, a person did. Same with firearms. A gun can't fire off a round all by itself (unless you're Alec Baldwin who claimed the gun went off all by itself), a human has to pull the trigger. Just my 2¢.

With all of the liberal judges around, it wouldn't take much to prove DD was marketing to children. Not that it would be a valid judgement, it would probably get challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, but the liberals have an agenda to curtail or severely limit the 2nd.

So I believe there is a reason people can't sue a gun manufacture when someone uses a firearm to harm another. That would certainly open up the door for someone suing GM/Ford/etc, for killing someone by running over them with their vehicle. The vehicle didn't drive itself, a person did. Same with firearms. A gun can't fire off a round all by itself (unless you're Alec Baldwin who claimed the gun went off all by itself), a human has to pull the trigger. Just my 2¢.
Yeah that's what I've always said about suing gun manufacturers too! Would be like suing the big 3 because someone used one of their vehicles to run over somebody!

Alec Baldwin is a real dumba$$! He still to this day will not take responsibility for his actions! Lauren Przybyl on Fox 4 did an interview with Harvey Levin on TMZ a month or 2 ago about that case and he actually made the argument that Alec Baldwin is an actor and hasn't had any training in gun safety and therefore shouldn't be held accountable for what happened! I call BS, anytime a gun is in your possession you are responsible for that gun! He shouldn't have been handling a firearm on set without having any training in gun safety, of course being so staunchly anti-gun he'd never do that!

With all of the liberal judges around, it wouldn't take much to prove DD was marketing to children. Not that it would be a valid judgement, it would probably get challenged all the way to the Supreme Court, but the liberals have an agenda to curtail or severely limit the 2nd.
Yeah I know the whole purpose of suing gun manufacturers is not necessarily to win the case, although that would be nice to most liberals, it's actually to bankrupt them and drive them out of business! Most small and family owned businesses can't afford all those legal fees!

Yeah I know the whole purpose of suing gun manufacturers is not necessarily to win the case, although that would be nice to most liberals, it's actually to bankrupt them and drive them out of business! Most small and family owned businesses can't afford all those legal fees!
Exactly. Thats what has been happening here in Connecticut. A buddy mine is a part owner of a small gun manufacturing company. They moved south to a more friendly state.

Exactly. Thats what has been happening here in Connecticut. A buddy mine is a part owner of a small gun manufacturing company. They moved south to a more friendly state.
I don't blame your buddy for moving south, I know a lot firearm companies are doing that!

I just wanna add something I posted previously about Alec Baldwin and his incompetence in firearm handling. I can remember my dad telling me ever since I can remember as a small child "A gun is NOT a toy!" Apparently Alec Baldwin doesn't understand that! He apparently thinks they are toys and likes to play with them!

I had to take a gun safety course from a friend thats a retired navy seal, and retire police sergeant before getting my handgun permit. Was always taught never to point a weapon like that at someone without the intention of using it.

The Hispanics across the street have their boom box cranked up again! I'm considering going outside and crank up Mark Chesnutt in the Taco with "Bubba Shot The Jukebox"! Lol!

bubba shot the jukebox, last night, Said it played a sad song, it made him cry, Went to his truck and got a 45, Bubba shot the jukebox last night...

Back