Post your truck off-road

I can walk 150' out my house front door, and toss a line in from my dock if you want to catch some sunfish. It's 2 miles of nicely improved dirt road this year from the main asphalt road thanks to the town. My driveway is still gravel where I park my truck....does that count for off-road?

I had to engage the 4wd in the city one day this past week on some gnarly steep washed out back yard inner city rock alley on the Missouri river banks
Deep ruts I was a bit concerned the old truck would bottom out o_O

Engaging 4wd for city asphalt roads....now thats some funny chit:)
It was mentioned to be a washed out rock alley
Maybe head back and get some pics sometime? I did not have camera on my person at that time

In all my years of driving I have never needed 4wd in the summertime on city streets. You gotta have way too much air pressure in the tires that their not hooking up like they should be.

it was STEEP and the ROCKS were LOOSE
and the RUTS were Treacherous to navigate, i went DEEP into one very slowly

I've lived on an unimproved dirt road for 2 decades before the town finally fixed this year. It was a 2 mile road that had a rocky 30 degree steep hill with mud holes for more than a 1/4 mile nearly year round till now. I never had to use 4wd once spring was over while using my tundra, or this newer tacoma I have now. Either you can't drive to save your ass, or you've been eating too many magic mushrooms for lunch.

I kind of miss the deep potholes, and long section of chatter bumps in the fall then endless deep mud ruts, and holes by spring. The town made this quaint little 2 mile road open year round that you a now drive a Honda civic through. Sign of the times I guess.

I had to engage the 4wd in the city one day this past week on some gnarly steep washed out back yard inner city rock alley on the Missouri river banks
Deep ruts I was a bit concerned the old truck would bottom out o_O
I'm really curious.

How would engage 4WD prevent the truck from bottoming out????

Frankly, I smell a load of fresh fertilizer straight from the bull.

4XLefayvYKHTpF2bqcgCqG.jpg

I dropped off my camper shell Tuesday to have it sent back to the factory. The paint started peeling around the passenger’s side window in less than two months of ownership. The place I bought my Leer shell from said the know about the leaking problems that tacomas have and that they know how to seal it properly so it won’t leak. Whenever I washed the truck it leaked on both from sides of the bed. It also leaked along most of the drivers side. Since they don’t apparently know how to properly seal it so it doesn’t leak, I’ve decided to take care of it myself. I just pulled both rail caps off, cleaned the bed rail, and then laid down a bead of silicon along the top in a large oval to go around the length of the rail in get both sides of the mounting holes in the top of the rail. Next I need to get some butyl tape to take care of that big gap between the side rails and the front rail.

Back