The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

oh my! you are the first rare coin enthusiast i have encountered since 2010
this guy was from Indiana and had a gen1 taco, '01 or '02 model, that needed a new frame under warranty
so i just had to ask, since i also had a gen1, about why the heck does his truck need a new frame!!?
i had absolut no clue :confused: and still do not ...but learning everything i can find out since Toyota or their dealers won't tell me crap, makes me angry as piss

do you have any pics of your coin you are trying to get that top dollar?
@JayQQ97 the frames rot out from the inside. Notorious in the northeast the salted moisture made it into the boxed in frame Toyota used up til the 3rd gens. The entire side rails were boxed thought to be stronger construction turned out to be their Achilles heel. A C channel was used in frame construction along with heavier rust proofing from the factory. Making the vehicle a lot more resilient to rotting out entirely. Now you know. I have all kinds of coins American eagles/ Morgan dollars to name a few.

@JayQQ97 the frames rot out from the inside. Notorious in the northeast the salted moisture made it into the boxed in frame Toyota used up til the 3rd gens. The entire side rails were boxed thought to be stronger construction turned out to be their Achilles heel. A C channel was used in frame construction along with heavier rust proofing from the factory. Making the vehicle a lot more resilient to rotting out entirely. Now you know. I have all kinds of coins American eagles/ Morgan dollars to name a few.

you would be surprised when i presented my findings a few years back now to the Toyota dealer that had serviced my rig for decade+
the service advisor that had been there since the mid 2000s... quite the experience under his belt and all that jazz
he gave me a blank stare and said HUH, never heard that before
so sorry i cannot help you out :(

you would be surprised when i presented my findings a few years back now to the Toyota dealer that had serviced my rig for decade+
the service advisor that had been there since the mid 2000s... quite the experience under his belt and all that jazz
he gave me a blank stare and said HUH, never heard that before
so sorry i cannot help you out :(
Well he was lying and lazy a terrible combination. Pm me your number I can send ya some pix tomorrow. ( everything is locked in the truck from today’s show) not tonight.

the gen1 tacoma may not have been his department (Gen2 and Gen3 took over) but also lazy could care less about his brand and customer service
not many know exactly how they rot on the inside, even those chumps at that other place
the ones from California that know all be all
i certainly know how when those frame drain plugs started getting plugged up after hosing it out one day and put the camera inside there to see what was going on
what kind of pix?? those old coins? lol

British postage stamps

ap515-1-ironmaiden-presentation-pack.jpg

this happened in Wyoming a couple days ago to an '02 Taco
driver walked away from it
big gusty wind and an icy patch
rolled 3x reportedly

something like this almost happened to me in Iowa in Jan-2004 at 60mph and zero degree temps passing an 18 wheeler
i slid backwards into the snow ditch on the right hand side instead of the median

taco rolled in WY.jpg

taco  rolled in WY.jpg

Many vehicles were parked in ditches and snow drifts a few weeks ago. Then the ice came thru, putting more off-road. Got so bad, the State locked down all towing for a couple days. Remember, 4WD does not mean the vehicle is stable. Just means its a little better over 2WD.

Man.....I feel bad today. Last year, I was not able to have my dog's teeth cleaned due to budget restrictions. Today, he is in for his cleaning......unfortunately, the Vet just called me....... They need to remove 2 teeth, they're loose and roots are showing. :(:( Meaning, stitches and pain meds for a day or so. This is all my fault.

I try to brush his teeth on a regular basis, but the fight with the tongue and wrestle makes the task difficult and incomplete. Still, its all on me.

Guys, gals, if you have pets.....pay attention to their health, including the teeth.

You ought see a friend of mine with 5 german shepard's. He'll sit down with each one and with a dental tool and tooth brush, clean their teeth. The dogs just let him do it. On the downside they don't like to floss, or use mouth wash.

You ought see a friend of mine with 5 german shepard's. He'll sit down with each one and with a dental tool and tooth brush, clean their teeth. The dogs just let him do it. On the downside they don't like to floss, or use mouth wash.

Yeah....I have tried since he was a pup to do this task as part of his training. He is now 6 yr old.

My dog is a mini-schnauzer with a fairly small mouth, but strong jaw and tongue and sharp teeth. He has clamped down on me a couple times. He doesn't tolerate this very well. I can handle him in any other manner, but the mouth is a zone of resistance.

Your friend is very fortunate to have dogs tolerant of the owner poking around in the mouth.

I feel pretty crappy about this, but I need to take some solace that the situation is not worse and my lil' buddy will be fine. My lesson is to be more diligent for his brushing and try some dental chews.

The shepard's my buddy has, know better to bite down on the hand that cleans them. Its funny to watch some of them whimper, and fidget when scraping their teeth. When he's done they slobber all over him. Hope your little doggie feels better. A friends wife has 2 of them. They go everywhere he does in his truck. They are the most grumpiest little bastards i've seen when he'll bring them over. All they do is bark, and look at me like i'm a piece of bacon.

I can relate.
You know the toothbrush was invented in Maine.
Oh yeah, anywhere else and it would of been called a teethbrush.

some OEM parts ordered on Oct 12, '22 are finally on their way after more than 2.5 months
they have to go to Indianapolis first before heading back west
why NOT just go to KCMO from Topeka KS then up the big river ???
shipped USPS

this particular part maybe had to come from the California warehouse, which might be the 2+ month delay IDK

A1_170421A_17506A.png

it took six days for box to arrive from a few hours drive away
opened the box only to find the WRONG parts inside for the order# that was shipped
wot'n tarnation!?!

The shepard's my buddy has, know better to bite down on the hand that cleans them. Its funny to watch some of them whimper, and fidget when scraping their teeth. When he's done they slobber all over him. Hope your little doggie feels better. A friends wife has 2 of them. They go everywhere he does in his truck. They are the most grumpiest little bastards i've seen when he'll bring them over. All they do is bark, and look at me like i'm a piece of bacon.
Thanks. Yeah, my mini-schnauzer is home and doing well. Back to his usual.

I've seen dogs with that annoying behavior. It is not the dog's fault. The problem is completely on the owner. My neighbor has a pair of annoying 4 legged dust mops that constantly bark. Its an annoying high pitched piercing raspy noise. She also has "indoor" cats that roam the neighborhood, including the hood of my truck. :mad:

I spent time training my dog to socialize him. He has never met a stranger, human or animal. When meeting a stranger, he will approach (if I allow), sniff then sit. At this point, the stranger may ask if they can pet the dog. I will offer proper greeting instructions. I always watch my dog for any shift in attitude. Any change I'll pull the dog away and break off the greeting. If the stranger does not ask to pet, then I'll restrain my dog. When we're out and about the dog is leashed 100% of the time and totally within my control.

I have not spent time to train my dog to do tricks. I figure no one wants to see tricks from a dog with bad behavior. My focus was on basic commands and acceptable behavior.

FWIW, it would be reasonable for you to tell your friend his dogs are not welcome. You do not need to accept that behavior.

Back