The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

I've seen some good accidents left in the median on the I87 the north way, new york to quebec with these 18 wheelers hitting black ice during the winter. Most of them I've seen are totaled, and burned out. I think if the drivers were able to get out of the cab they'd survive, otherwise its shake, and bake.

How do I smoke a pork butt?​

To smoke a pork butt, start by seasoning it with your preferred dry rub or marinade. Then, set up your smoker or grill for indirect heat and maintain a steady temperature of around 225-250°F (107-121°C). Place the pork butt on the smoker and allow it to smoke for several hours, until the internal temperature reaches around 165°F. Wrap the pork butt in foil and continue smoking until it reaches an internal temperature of 195-205°F (90-96°C). This slow and low cooking method helps render the fat and tenderize the meat.

To smoke a pork butt, start by seasoning it with your preferred dry rub or marinade. Then, set up your smoker or grill for indirect heat and maintain a steady temperature of around 225-250°F (107-121°C). Place the pork butt on the smoker and allow it to smoke for several hours, until the internal temperature reaches around 165°F. Wrap the pork butt in foil and continue smoking until it reaches an internal temperature of 195-205°F (90-96°C). This slow and low cooking method helps render the fat and tenderize the meat.
1690068101336.png 1690068164099.png

I've tried smoking pork butt. Had a few problems.
1st...pig wouldn't stand still
2nd.. I could roll it up, but couldn't keep it lit.
3rd.. Isn't pork butt called Ham?
4th...Gave up....

Found a local restaurant who sells it by the pound. Problems solved.

I've tried smoking pork butt. Had a few problems.
1st...pig wouldn't stand still
2nd.. I could roll it up, but couldn't keep it lit.
3rd.. Isn't pork butt called Ham?
4th...Gave up....

Found a local restaurant who sells it by the pound. Problems solved.
Usually a ham is a specific cut of the pigs thigh, its usually cured, and salted...I could be wrong...a pork butt generally isn't salted/cured.

Back