The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Holy crap, a miracle just happened, came back from my dmv appointment this morning in record time. With probate certificate in hand, those inspectors looked over the rest of my paperwork like I did something wrong. After 15 minutes, and a whole $12.50 poorer, I had my numbers, and registration sheet in my possession. Boy, this is a far cry from back in the old days at the dmv when it was real simple to register something. Now, you get looked over like you just stole it.

Stuff is finally coming together, Just picked up my custom cut, and binded berber carpets. We had to use my snowmobile trailer to load them on, and even then they hung off some. Between loading them all on, and unloading them in my spare room, I'm pooped.
Jay, you would have really like this silver/gray gen1 taco parked on the side of a city street I went through....it was mint mint. I have not seen one look that good in awhile. It had to have super low mileage, or came from a southern state.

Yes there are, but I haven't seen one in this condition in over 20 years....i don't know exactly what year it could have been, but It had black factory fender flares if that means anything.

Yes there are, but I haven't seen one in this condition in over 20 years....ki don't know exactly what year it could have been. It had black factory fender flares if that means anything.
It's all about the front piece and headlights
Unless it's been modified!

Holy crap, a miracle just happened, came back from my dmv appointment this morning in record time. With probate certificate in hand, those inspectors looked over the rest of my paperwork like I did something wrong. After 15 minutes, and a whole $12.50 poorer, I had my numbers, and registration sheet in my possession. Boy, this is a far cry from back in the old days at the dmv when it was real simple to register something. Now, you get looked over like you just stole it.
I just relocated to a different state.

Just to get a plate, the vehicle goes thru VIN inspection ($20) at State Trooper station, then to DMV for plate cost and property tax (based off NADA book value). Additional documents Title, Registration and proof of insurance. All in, it'll take 1/2 a day for each vehicle that I have. After the Tacoma is done......I need to do the motorcycle. The vehicle must physically be inspected for the VIN check. Once that is all complete, then I can get a Driver/motorcycle license. So, I'm looking at least 3 trips to the DMV. In IA, it was a one stop for about 30 minutes. Titles, registrations, proof of insurance and DL.

This hoop jump process for each vehicle explains why there are so many out of state plates here. I understand the State needs to sqeeze it population for $$........but crap. How many times do I need to pay Tax on my rides???

I just relocated to a different state.

Just to get a plate, the vehicle goes thru VIN inspection ($20) at State Trooper station, then to DMV for plate cost and property tax (based off NADA book value). Additional documents Title, Registration and proof of insurance. All in, it'll take 1/2 a day for each vehicle that I have. After the Tacoma is done......I need to do the motorcycle. The vehicle must physically be inspected for the VIN check. Once that is all complete, then I can get a Driver/motorcycle license. So, I'm looking at least 3 trips to the DMV. In IA, it was a one stop for about 30 minutes. Titles, registrations, proof of insurance and DL.

This hoop jump process for each vehicle explains why there are so many out of state plates here. I understand the State needs to sqeeze it population for $$........but crap. How many times do I need to pay Tax on my rides???

Last edited:
Thats insane. It's getting ridiculous what you have to go through as a private citizen with these dmv's. Even when I bought my truck out of state, I had to sign my life away before being able to drive it off the dealers lot.
On another front, I did one of my rooms with the new carpet today....was another royal pain in the arse moving all the furniture, and unwiring the large screen tv.....I wish I mounted it on the wall, instead on a tv stand, cause I had to move that too.:mad: I really feel 70 now, getting too old for this bs.

Thats insane. It's getting ridiculous what you have to go through as a private citizen with these dmv's. Even when I bought my truck out of state, I had to sign my life away before being able to drive it off the dealers lot.
On another front, I did one of my rooms with the new carpet today....was another royal pain in the arse moving all the furniture, and unwiring the large screen tv.....I wish I mounted it on the wall, instead on a tv stand, cause I had to move that too.:mad: I really feel 70 now, getting too old for this bs.
Did a similar task last year. Laid vinyl plank in laundry, dining, kitchen, living rooms and hallway. Always moving a heavy thing. The knees took a few days to recover. The plank goes down fast and easy. The hard part is clearing the space, repairing the subfloor and prepping the subfloor then refitting all the baseboard and cutting trim.

Why the F would one have to pay sales tax on something that sales tax likely been paid already in another state

I was required to pay the ma. sales tax which was like a .25 % lower than ours when I bought my tacoma. I didn't pay any tax for our state, connecticut, but the ma. dealer registered it for connecticut..
Did a similar task last year. Laid vinyl plank in laundry, dining, kitchen, living rooms and hallway. Always moving a heavy thing. The knees took a few days to recover. The plank goes down fast and easy. The hard part is clearing the space, repairing the subfloor and prepping the subfloor then refitting all the baseboard and cutting trim.
Well, my back feels like jello this evening. I used sets of dollies from my snowmobile to help wheel the furniture to another room, It moved pretty easy once on the ceramic tile floor. It was all the bending, and lifting that sucked. You can bet I will volunteer my brother for the future rooms...today he had a band gig at a wedding, so I had the house to myself. Was hoping the wife would be of so help, but today is her day of rest.

so after rummaging through the numerouis pics taken 3 months ago
i believe to have finally found where exactly i got off the planned route 2o2 and semi-lost

where am i ?
here

IMG_1546.JPG

Back