The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Success, I installed one of my 9'' heavy pipe cutting type hacksaw blades in my Milwaukee heavy duty sawzall. I felt like a real dumb ass yesterday after farting around with my chainsaw, and utility knife trying to cut those huge rolled up carpets. Plugged that ol' sawzall in, and it cut through like a knife in hot butter. In 15 minutes I had them cut up.

are you trying to get rid of it for the sake of it or actually recycle this?

can somebody else reuse it?

to redo some stairs or whatnot
No, these are 10 year old berbour custom cut carpets made for different rooms....they're worn out, but they need to be treated as recycle-able. I have to truck them to our towns recycle bin to dispose of them, but they have to be cut in 4 to 5' rolls, or they will not accept them.

state law for disposal?
Who know's, every town is a bit different, but I think the end result is the same. They have an electronic collection hut, and an another with huge separate barrels to collect everything from coolant to atf also, plus a hut for old furniture, bedding/matress's, and carpets. I just follow the rules they post. Any other stuff is considered building materials, or demolition where you need to order your own home dumpster.

Just gotta call from a friend, says a guy he knows had bought a high end xor 65'' Sony tv a couple years ago thats been hardly used....now it's totally dead. It got hit with a power surge from all the storms we've had. His insurance gave him a new one already, so he wants this one gone. This guy lives about 20 miles away. Might be my chance to have a new big screen tv if I can fix it.

No, they didn't have double cabs in 2001 that I recall. It was an sr5 access cab. Truck rode like a caddy, especially compared to the gen2 tundra.

Was at home cheapo this noon. Picked up a new 18 volt cordless trimer.....just the tool itself, that was in an open box. Figuring I got just about everything else thats needed to operate it, I couldn't refuse the price, even if I never use it.

No, they didn't have double cabs in 2001 that I recall. It was an sr5 access cab. Truck rode like a caddy, especially compared to the gen2 tundra.
2004 was the first year for the DC. I had an 06 DC. It was an awesome truck. Sold it to a good friend of mine when I got the Taco and he recently gave it to his grandson. I'm sure it has many more miles left as long as the kid takes care of it

2004 was the first year for the DC. I had an 06 DC. It was an awesome truck. Sold it to a good friend of mine when I got the Taco and he recently gave it to his grandson. I'm sure it has many more miles left as long as the kid takes care of it
I sold my 2001 tundra to a friend of mine that operates a large auto repair garage. He was hounding me for months to sell it to him for $5k which I finally did after totaling up all the costs to repair it. He had a buyer for the truck all that time that he sold it to making a couple bucks.

What a fiasco this morning. Went to start my tractor that sits in a large shed 125' from the back of my home, only to find no power when I tried turning the lights on. I grab my digital multi meter, and check the panel for juice....no bueno. I check the power at the main panel in my garage, and sub panel that feeds the shed. I got power entering, but nothing going out. OK I replaced the blown fuses. I walk back to the shed, and get juice coming in, but nothing going out. I go to replace more blown fuses....can't remove one of them, it's melted right into the panel's fuse holder. By now I'm starting to get pissed. I gotta get a new one. I go back to home cheapo, get the new electrical disconnect box, and wire it in. Success, I now have lights, and my outlets work. I'm thinking the last laser storm hit the underground cable, blowing everything out. I just hope the cable itself is alright.

Just about anything old for Toyota's, the price is insane. Even in other manufacturing venues, thats done by the Japanese, the older the part is in stock, and the fewer they have left, the cost doubles.

Back