The Oil Change Interval Dissected

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by AccessSX, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Gregzzz

Gregzzz Well-Known Member

So the pink is the good one right? I hope!! Because that’s what I just put in last summer

tacojoel and JayQQ97 like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. JayQQ97

JayQQ97 Well-Known Member

I think so!
    My truck used to have the red until a few years ago when the whole system was 'exchanged' for the pink stuff

tacojoel and Gregzzz like this.
  4. Gregzzz

Gregzzz Well-Known Member

:)

5. tacojoel

tacojoel Well-Known Member

All i know is toyota claims their pink coolant is good for 10 years or a 100k miles.

JayQQ97 likes this.
  6. JayQQ97

is that when the warranty expires?

in the past the dealer shop would do a simple drain and refill the radiator every 2 to 3yrs or so
    now its gotta flush exchange the whole system afaik
    i sport a 25 n half year old radiator still that i assume is in good condition internally, externally IDk there is something weird on the outside of the fan area (kind of chalky looking) where the fins look aged but maybe its just dirty

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Gregzzz likes this.
  7. tacojoel

Idk about the coolants warranty, but i think they recommend changing it every 5 years or 100k miles.

JayQQ97 likes this.
  8. JayQQ97

by 'checking it' do you mean actually testing the ph level to see if it was turning acidic?

9. tacojoel

No, i just checked it if it met the -30 degree range. All i can tell you it still looked pink and never needed adding any over all those years.

JayQQ97 likes this.
  10. JayQQ97

i am being a terrible worrywart about this LOL and it turning acidic and eating at the HG
    taco john in Denver had some HG issues on his rig in the 400k miles and decided on a replacement engine with lower miles rather than fixing it
    its probably the only 'tarnish' on his superCharged '97 v6 single cab for making it to a million miles, he currently has over 710k, when he goes to Toyota for the accolades and acknowledgment of merit

i met up with him outside of Denver in January-'20
    ... shoulda washed my truck before this pic :( it was a dirty drive across Nebraska on US-34 to Denver that winter day
    tacoJ im Denver Jan-2o2o.jpg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022 at 9:31 AM
  11. tacojoel

Dealer did 2 timing belt kits that included the water pump, and tensioner at 100k miles and 200k miles. Its likely they added new coolant when each replacement was done. I never had to add coolant or change it. T
    I sold the truck just short of 300k miles, or do at least $5k worth of work as it was 19 years old with multiple items needing major service.

JayQQ97 likes this.